Home

Put back dunks

This is a discussion on Put back dunks within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Put back dunks

I’ve played close to 100 games and have never had one. Doesn’t matter what roster or slider set I use. Zion won’t do it, deandre Jordan won’t. The computer is good for 1 or 2 a game without a doubt. I’ve even had Kevin McHale put one back. My question is..is there a tendency, attribute something that needs tweaked? Is it is a glitch? Oh and i put attempt putback slider at 100. Any help please!?!?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Put back dunks

I've only seen the CPU do it when I'm playing against them.

I think it's a coded problem, possible a glitch because my teammates never do it.

I don't know how many times my teammates will jump and land when it should've been an easy put back dunk.

I don't think there is any setting, tendencies, or attributes that will fix this.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle45
I’ve played close to 100 games and have never had one. Doesn’t matter what roster or slider set I use. Zion won’t do it, deandre Jordan won’t. The computer is good for 1 or 2 a game without a doubt. I’ve even had Kevin McHale put one back. My question is..is there a tendency, attribute something that needs tweaked? Is it is a glitch? Oh and i put attempt putback slider at 100. Any help please!?!?!?
I think there's an additional button combination (Turbo + Shoot?) that has to be done while airborne or in lieu of the Jump/Rebound button.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0

You mean with the player you’re controlling, or even your CPU teammates? I can’t speak to the former since the way I play I’m usually not going for them, but my CPU teammates get putbacks all the time. They have on my custom roster and a variety of slider sets, as well as with default settings. Last night I played a quarter with default roster on plain old All Star and Chriss got a couple. Are you not seeing guys even going into the putback animation?

Ive never been sure if its necessary but when I see a guy going into the animation I hold Turbo and mash the shoot button, just because once he touches the ball he should become the user-controlled player and for a putback you want him to shoot instantly.

Also at least for me I always have my team set to Crash Offensive Glass. That might help
Old 08-22-2020, 09:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I’m talking about my cpu teammates. All they ever do is go up like it’s gonna be a put back, but they just grab the rebound and land. Like I said, it doesn’t matter what roster I use it’s never happened for me. And I also put crash offensive glass on. I’ve only seen them go into the animation a couple times but they don’t even touch the ball.

Last edited by jdizzle45; 08-22-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Mess up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »