Home

2K’s Game Speed Shenanigans

This is a discussion on 2K’s Game Speed Shenanigans within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
2K’s Game Speed Shenanigans

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that 2K’s tuner/update yesterday (May 22nd) drastically altered the affects of the Game Speed setting. It seems that they have (correctly) increased the speed of the game at the base 50 setting, so much so that for me (on both PC and PS4) a Game Speed setting of 50 today plays the same as a setting of 56 or 57 did prior to the update.

Anyone using a slider set with game speed above 55 (the majority of slider sets this year) will likely be seeing more jittery movement, sliding on defense, etc. If this is the case, decrease your Game Speed setting closer to 50 until you’re happy with the gameplay.

I’d love to hear if anyone is NOT experiencing the same thing, as I play both the PC and PS4 versions of the game and I’m seeing identical results: Game Speed of 58 before yesterday played extremely well, but is now WAY too fast. Similarly, a Game Speed near 50 felt like playing in slow motion before, but now feels almost perfect.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 05-24-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2K’s Game Speed Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that 2K’s tuner/update yesterday (May 22nd) drastically altered the affects of the Game Speed setting. It seems that they have (correctly) increased the speed of the game at the base 50 setting, so much so that for me (on both PC and PS4) a Game Speed setting of 50 today plays the same as a setting of 56 or 57 did prior to the update.

Anyone using a slider set with game speed above 51 (the majority of slider sets this year) will likely be seeing more jittery movement, sliding on defense, etc. If this is the case, decrease your Game Speed setting closer to 50 until you’re happy with the gameplay.

I’d love to hear if anyone is NOT experiencing the same thing, as I play both the PC and PS4 versions of the game and I’m seeing identical results: Game Speed of 58 before yesterday played extremely well, but is now WAY too fast. Similarly, a Game Speed near 50 felt like playing in slow motion before, but now feels almost perfect.
Appreciate the heads up! I play w ur game speed setting & did notice it was super fast yesterday the I played a few games. thx again
Old 05-23-2020, 11:04 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottibino
Appreciate the heads up! I play w ur game speed setting & did notice it was super fast yesterday the I played a few games. thx again

Yup, trying to lock down a new “best” setting for Game Speed. 56 is a little fast, 52 is close but just a little too slow for some animations.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yup, trying to lock down a new “best” setting for Game Speed. 56 is a little fast, 52 is close but just a little too slow for some animations.
ugh 2k! whyyyyy mess with it just when we get it right, or as right as we can lol
Old 05-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

2K is really beginning to get on my nerves w/this crap, it has to be the most finicky game ever created. I was so happy the other day when Eccentric posted his new WIP set & the game was playing pretty close to how I wanted, now it's back to the drawing board for the millionth time......
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

I keep game speed at 50. I used to play at 53, but with your player movement formula, 50 is just fine (for me).
Old 05-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I haven't noticed THAT drastic of a change, but animation speed does feel a bit faster since the update. I was on 58 & will probably end up around 56-57.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #8
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
2K is really beginning to get on my nerves w/this crap, it has to be the most finicky game ever created. I was so happy the other day when Eccentric posted his new WIP set & the game was playing pretty close to how I wanted, now it's back to the drawing board for the millionth time......
Seems that whenever they have these online tournaments they really start to bombard the game with these 😠 updates, you get the game like you want, then game speed & shooting changes, sometimes you just want the game to play like it did the day before, really FRUSTRATING!!

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »