Home

Is there a slider set that keeps the games close?

This is a discussion on Is there a slider set that keeps the games close? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a slider set that keeps the games close?

Every set I use the CPU goes on a big run and it's game over. Then when I make a few adjustments I blow the CPU out. Any set that helps eliminate that as much?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Is there a slider set that keeps the games close?

Difficulty balancing is the most personal thing when it comes to sliders. A set might be hard for you, spot on for some people and too easy for others. You have to test different sets and hope to have the luck to find one that fits you well, or find the balance yourself. Only you can tell.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

I’ve had this game for a month and I’ve tried many different slider combinations and I get the same results. I’m either winning by 20 over getting blown out. The only two games I’ve had that were close was against the Suns and that’s because Booker wouldn’t stop scoring.
The same thing happens in Myplayer to me too and that’s with default pro sliders on that mode. Don’t know if that is the way the game is programmed, but it’s always one team will go on a hot streak and then all of sudden get cold.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Old 03-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Find a set you enjoy and that provides a challenge, and then increase the Consistency sliders. Higher offensive consistency will reduce/eliminate the hot/cold streaks and make everyone play closer to their ratings throughout the game.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Try mine: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ders-xbox.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Find a set you enjoy and that provides a challenge, and then increase the Consistency sliders. Higher offensive consistency will reduce/eliminate the hot/cold streaks and make everyone play closer to their ratings throughout the game.
Great observation EccentricMeat! My games were going well AI wise, but I was experiencing too many 30 point blowouts during a season with a rebuilding team. Over 82 games, roughly 10% were bad where the bench coach appeared to have lost the locker room: Players seem listless; have less hustle during bad beats. Even during rebuilding most NBA teams would tolerate 4 30-pointers before moving on.

The 50 Consistency sliders seem a little more forgiving actually. I am at 100 for Offense and Defense: I am seeing the same amount of mistakes, but scores are closer when I win or lose. It seems Consistency amplifies play outcome based more on attributes and logic; definitely feels more like professionals playing every game to keep a job.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

I think the CPU going on runs is kind of unavoidable. It just happens a lot of games. Like you said, it's all about adjustments. I find my slider set with a lot of consistency. Some games you will get outplayed and others you will excel. Just depends on the matchup and timing.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...l-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »