Home

User timing in NBA2k

This is a discussion on User timing in NBA2k within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
User timing in NBA2k

Ok ok ok. Sounds like a crazy question but I’m curious to see. Now there is a secret to timing these thousands of jump shots. It didn’t dawn on me til 2k20. What do y’all look for when timing your jump shot release point? What animation do you look for? Once I get enough responses, I’ll let the cat out of the bag. That’s unless some of you already know the secret to the timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Emilio's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: User timing in NBA2k

I have no idea, but could you please tell us?
Old 01-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio
I have no idea, but could you please tell us?

Might be common but not too many people bring this up. Focus on the basketball players knee movement during the start of the jump shot. Pay attention to the animations of when they bend their knees to actually jump for the shot. The very second their knees straighten out, that’s when you release the shot button or shot stick. It works for normal jump shots, fadeways, step back jumpers etc. I even play other 2k’s (14,15,16,17 and 18) The same applies to them as well.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Collins
Might be common but not too many people bring this up. Focus on the basketball players knee movement during the start of the jump shot. Pay attention to the animations of when they bend their knees to actually jump for the shot. The very second their knees straighten out, that’s when you release the shot button or shot stick. It works for normal jump shots, fadeways, step back jumpers etc. I even play other 2k’s (14,15,16,17 and 18) The same applies to them as well.
I'll have to give that a shot. This is my first year using timing in a really long time (since Real FG% is busted imo by the game's focus on green releases), and it's been a struggle the last week or so trying to get used to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »