Home

How do you get Realistic 3 point attempts per game?

This is a discussion on How do you get Realistic 3 point attempts per game? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How do you get Realistic 3 point attempts per game?

I’m an offline player mostly and my biggest issue with playing offline is trying to replicate today’s 3 point heavy perimeter game. I make a conscious effort to shoot more 3’s whether I’m winning or losing, but getting the CPU to do the same has been a struggle. Even with the CPU’s 3 point tendency set to 100 I find they often just barely shoot 20 3’s in a 12 minute quarters game. Are there any more sliders I can tinker with to adjust this? Has anyone found a surefire way to get the CPU shooting 30-40 3’s a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How do you get Realistic 3 point attempts per game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
I’m an offline player mostly and my biggest issue with playing offline is trying to replicate today’s 3 point heavy perimeter game. I make a conscious effort to shoot more 3’s whether I’m winning or losing, but getting the CPU to do the same has been a struggle. Even with the CPU’s 3 point tendency set to 100 I find they often just barely shoot 20 3’s in a 12 minute quarters game. Are there any more sliders I can tinker with to adjust this? Has anyone found a surefire way to get the CPU shooting 30-40 3’s a game?

If you havent did it, you need to tone down the other shot tendency sliders while bumping up the 3pt shot tendency. Here is how I have mine shot tendency set, and I get descent results.

Inside- 40
close- 30
mid- 40
3- 85
post shots- 55

Im thinking of boosting up 3's a little more, and lowering mid range more, but I havent done it yet. Ive been trying to fix the lack of charges, blocking, and shooting fouls on 3pt attempts first, then I will try to fine tune the shot sliders. But these numbers have been getting me solid 3pt attempts, as well as keeping points in the paint down.

Ive had this theory the past few yrs, that you want the total number of inside, close, and post shots sliders, the same value as the mid range and 3pt slider values are. It seems to balance it out, so you get more 3's, while keeping the PIP down, to a realistic amount most games, while still giving me a different feel from game to game, so not all teams feel the same when you play them. So basically inside, close and post shots add up to 125, while the value of mid and 3pt shot tendency adds up to 125.

I felt like if all you do is boost up 3 shot tendency, while leaving the others at default 50, you see too many total shots per game, and still not have a team shoot enough 3's per game. Doing it the way I do it, they wont just jack up shots, if they dont have a fastbreak opportunity or a open shot early in the shot clock, they will work the ball around more realistic to that of real life. Right or wrong, this is my theory anyway, lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-10-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

I get about 30-40 3PAs, depending on opponent, with:

Inside: 10
Close: 10
Mid: 5
3PT: 100
ATB: 0

I also have +80 on every coach’s zone tendency to mimic more modern defenses but it shouldn’t be completely necessary to generate the 3s. Attack the Basket at 0 is very important, I had it at 1 but since the last tune-up even 1 makes the CPU go crazy focused on driving to the basket.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
I get about 30-40 3PAs, depending on opponent, with:

Inside: 10
Close: 10
Mid: 5
3PT: 100
ATB: 0

I also have +80 on every coach’s zone tendency to mimic more modern defenses but it shouldn’t be completely necessary to generate the 3s. Attack the Basket at 0 is very important, I had it at 1 but since the last tune-up even 1 makes the CPU go crazy focused on driving to the basket.
how do you get more fouls and fta per game with this?
Old 12-11-2019, 12:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulito25
how do you get more fouls and fta per game with this?
The CPU still drives to the basket if they aren’t launching 3s. Foul sliders except illegal screens and shot contest at 100 will do the job, but I’m finding that I’m getting around 20 FTA per game for the CPU with contest at 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Mishmushkela's Arena

Could you post your full set or is it on 2kshare ps4?
Old 12-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishmushkela
Could you post your full set or is it on 2kshare ps4?
I’m working on a set that focuses on consistently getting realistic shot distribution and percentages, still tweaking the shot successes but I’m fairly happy with the distribution I have atm. Since patch 1.09 I’m getting roughly 28-36 3PA and 18-26 FTA with minimal user interference, if there’s any interest I’d be happy to share them.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
I’m working on a set that focuses on consistently getting realistic shot distribution and percentages, still tweaking the shot successes but I’m fairly happy with the distribution I have atm. Since patch 1.09 I’m getting roughly 28-36 3PA and 18-26 FTA with minimal user interference, if there’s any interest I’d be happy to share them.
yes, can you please share these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »