Home

Frustrated CPU vs CPU Tester

This is a discussion on Frustrated CPU vs CPU Tester within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Frustrated CPU vs CPU Tester

Hey guys I've been working on a slider set for my 08-09 roster and its extremely frustrating. The CPU literally does a quick outlet or sprints for the fast break after every rebound. It's nearly impossible to simulate a slower style CPU CPU 2000s era game. Does anybody have any tips ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Frustrated CPU vs CPU Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerswag24
Hey guys I've been working on a slider set for my 08-09 roster and its extremely frustrating. The CPU literally does a quick outlet or sprints for the fast break after every rebound. It's nearly impossible to simulate a slower style CPU CPU 2000s era game. Does anybody have any tips ?
nope. I've tried moving every slider I can find. I've tried multiple slider sets. I've put attack the basket at zero. I've even tried putting everything but shoot the three at zero. Does not matter. The CPU is going to fastbreak like crazy.

And it makes sense from an AI standpoint. 2k sucks at transition D. My AI guy are horrible at getting back, matching up, etc. And if I tried to switch players, the delay just ends up in someone running right by me. The CPU also has faster reactions to missed shots than your guys. Trust me I've watched countless replays to figure out how I can continue to get beat down court over and over.

It's really the biggest game breaker. The CPU is exploiting it's own design flaws. And it's a shame because I've managed to get the CPU to play great in the half court (accurate to 2019 basketball, not what you are trying to accomplish) and I love how my offense runs.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

This wasn't happening a few patches ago they need to slow down the game again it's so unrealistic how can we bring this to their attention ?
Old 11-28-2019, 03:33 AM   #4
Pro

d23x's Arena

Just watched a game yesterday & the speed of the game is just ridiculous. Every defensive rebound is a fast break.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I know exactly what you're talking about.

You need to find a better combination of movement sliders. I'm still trying to find a better balance myself.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »