Home

Are there realistic # of fouls/FT this year??

This is a discussion on Are there realistic # of fouls/FT this year?? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm thinking of buying the game on Black Friday. I’m an old school sim baller who only plays offline. Realistic number are the main reason I haven't bought the game in a couple of years bc this(among other things) hasn't been a priority for 2K. I read where this was a problem this year but I was hoping the slider gurus here might have found a fix. Thanks in advance guys. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

I feel like Foul frequency is one of the easier things to fix. By default the numbers are low, but even just jacking up the Foul sliders without changing anything else, you should end up with pretty good numbers. By increasing Body Up Sensitivity and the Shot Contact sliders you’d end up with even more fouls. You’re lucky if the default foul numbers are all that bug you!

EDIT: That said, you won’t see many jump shooting fouls or especially 3-pt shot fouls. Hard to see charges too, but if all you care about is that the foul / FT numbers look good, then you’re good.

Last edited by vetmin; 11-26-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Are there realistic # of fouls/FT this year??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4life
I'm thinking of buying the game on Black Friday. I’m an old school sim baller who only plays offline. Realistic number are the main reason I haven't bought the game in a couple of years bc this(among other things) hasn't been a priority for 2K. I read where this was a problem this year but I was hoping the slider gurus here might have found a fix. Thanks in advance guys. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving

You can get close to realistic Free Throw totals, but if your looking for realistic number of fouls, and variety of fouls, then no, this is still broken. There is still basically no charging, blocking or shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, or for that matter fouls on really any perimeter shot. Basically all the fouls comes from either reach in, or shooting fouls in the paint. You will see over the back and loose ball, and illegal screens if you crank them up too 100 at close to realistic numbers most games. I also raise on ball steal slider which helps get some non shooting fouls.

Also there is still a lack of non steal turnovers, which has always bugged me, about NBA2k. You can turn down pass accuracy but then you will see unrealistic turnovers, and its practically impossible to throw a jump pass or a full court pass, but you will get more non steal turnovers that way, but still unrealistic.

I believe these issues I mentioned will never get fixed, because of the online players who are either casual fans, or kids who have no clue about stats or basketball for that matter, which is why I have never had the desire to play online, as Im very OCD about sim stats and realism,lol. 2k caters to these types of players, because of the micro transactions, make them more money, and Im sure the devs get bonuses off this too, more than likely.

Because a few yrs ago, they had blocking, charging and shooting fouls on 3pt attempts accurate with slider adjustments, but the online crybabies, whined enough, and since then these fouls have all been basically non existent. I cant remember which yr it was exactly, but I do remember all the crying the online players did, and sure enough the very next yr, all these fouls became non existent for the most part.

Im no computer or video game maker expert, I dont have the 1st clue as to what it entails, but IMO if they just made the actual foul sliders work, when adjusted, then we should see these fouls. IMO if you crank foul sliders to 100, you should see way too many fouls, and the gameplay could be made to be more like the 90's, lol. But with they way they are, turning them all up to a 100 doesnt do much. Ive tried every possible combo, and its impossible to get realistic foul numbers.

However NBA2k20 is still fun to play if you can look past the issues I have mentioned, and the same issues in ML is also still there as well. But I do feel the gameplay made enough strides, that it is the best overall basketball game to date. That is if you can look past these issues, which is hard for me to do, its basically ruin NBA2k for the past several yrs for me, because Im very OCD about stats and ML sim stats being accurate. But I told myself this yr, if your going to buy it, get your moneys worth out of it, and try to break myself of that horrible disease of being OCD and slideritis trying to fix a game all yr that cant be fixed,lol. Its hard, but I think Im overcoming my issues with being OCD, slideritis not so much

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-12-2019, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

Re: Are there realistic # of fouls/FT this year??

I guess it’s going to be a pass for me again this year. I used to look forward to the game every year. Not any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »