Home

Shot Attempts and Shot Attempt Distribution

This is a discussion on Shot Attempts and Shot Attempt Distribution within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Shot Attempts and Shot Attempt Distribution

So, one thing that is bugging me at the moment is, regardless of roster, team FGAs are too high (90+ on 12-minute quarters).

I've experimented with both the custom roster I am working on, the default roster, default sliders and my own WIP set. I've tried both all-star and superstar difficulty. I just cannot pinpoint what is causing the issue.

I'm also noticing primary ball handlers being too aggressive/taking too many shots. I remember years ago, back in 2k15/2k16, roster makers like myself and others complained about stars not being aggressive enough, but now it's as if the inverse is true. I am seeing Lebron take 30+ shots, Derozan take 25+ shots etc.

Has anyone had any luck fixing this? I just got the game last week, so I'm not sure if this is something the latest patch screwed up or not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Shot Attempts and Shot Attempt Distribution

It’s been a problem for years and I don’t think it can be fixed. The CPU shots too quick and when I play I usually do to.
That’s why I have always played 10 minute quarters.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
It’s been a problem for years and I don’t think it can be fixed. The CPU shots too quick and when I play I usually do to.
That’s why I have always played 10 minute quarters.
I may have to try 10 minute quarters too. How are your FTAs and turnovers? I imagine those would suffer a little bit.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I may have to try 10 minute quarters too. How are your FTAs and turnovers? I imagine those would suffer a little bit.
I usually shoot between 20 to 25 fts per game.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:48 AM   #5
MVP

itrey25's Arena

OVR: 0

Where you been ? Man back in the day your sliders was one of my go to’s
NFL Las Vegas Raiders

PSN: InMyBag24-8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #6
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrey25
Where you been ? Man back in the day your sliders was one of my go to’s
I remember you!

I just haven't been able to get into the past few 2k's, hoping I can find the right grove with this one

Old 11-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

itrey25's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I remember you!

I just haven't been able to get into the past few 2k's, hoping I can find the right grove with this one
I hope you put something out man
NFL Las Vegas Raiders

PSN: InMyBag24-8
Old 11-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
So, one thing that is bugging me at the moment is, regardless of roster, team FGAs are too high (90+ on 12-minute quarters).

I've experimented with both the custom roster I am working on, the default roster, default sliders and my own WIP set. I've tried both all-star and superstar difficulty. I just cannot pinpoint what is causing the issue.

I'm also noticing primary ball handlers being too aggressive/taking too many shots. I remember years ago, back in 2k15/2k16, roster makers like myself and others complained about stars not being aggressive enough, but now it's as if the inverse is true. I am seeing Lebron take 30+ shots, Derozan take 25+ shots etc.

Has anyone had any luck fixing this? I just got the game last week, so I'm not sure if this is something the latest patch screwed up or not.
Here is a quick fix I put in another similar slider post:

"Try turning all of the Shooting Tendencies down from 50 to 25. Offensive Awareness attribute determines how many different scoring lanes a player can find; Shooting Tendency determines how fast a player will find those scoring lanes.

Out of the box, 50 tendency is a little unrealistic. At 25 the AI will probe more and find the scoring lane at a realistic pace."

Further, late last spring with 2K19 and with 2K20 on opening day: I set Ball Security and Passing Accuracy to 0. Ball Security 0 makes me and the AI slow down some and not attack fearlessly. Passing Accuracy 0 creates the much needed non-steal turnovers.

As well, Ball Security 0 can create the loose-ball "scrum" that is knocked out of bounds; Passing Accuracy 0 can create the defensive tip out of bounds with low attribute players who cannot pass into small windows. Either of these I call an empty play or a "push": Neither the offense or defense wins, but the ball is awarded to the offense out of bounds. Time goes off the clock, but no significant statistic can be recorded. This has usually been a misinterpretation by video game basketball development teams over the years. The casual fan/observer thinks a recordable statistic happens every pass and dribble of the ball. The reality: A recordable stat happens about every 5-seconds on average.

A little long-winded, but yeah, that is why I turn Tendency down when all else fails.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »