Home

Game must be better this year

This is a discussion on Game must be better this year within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Game must be better this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
The biggest difference is in lag, which I think wouldn't be so bad if 2k allows Real FG% as an option for USER/USER games in online. I've only been able to try slider effects sparingly on MyLeague online games, but they seem to be similarly effective as offline games imo. For Play Now offline, I'm usually playing against more ****** players, so I can't speak too much to that difference.

And yeah, if your on PS4, my league will be open for any OS people. Offline immersion can get stale, but I have to see what the presentation is like this year too.
I've never tried USER vs USER but your suggestion seems to make so much sense as a best solution for 2K to implement in this quote below...

"The biggest difference is in lag, which I think wouldn't be so bad if 2k allows Real FG% as an option for USER/USER games in online."

...I see why because User Shot Timing: Shots and Layups option would be horrible when dealing with online lag...well said.

Thanks for the invite. By the way, I'm on XBOX. Wish I did have PS4.

So really that explains it all. The only things that needs to be mentioned in a Community Set to prevent confusion would be...

1. Mode
2. User vs Cpu/User vs User/CPU vs Cpu
3. Difficulty
Old 09-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm down to start some community HOF sliders. Any particular issues yall are seeing?
as every year the lack of non-shooting fouls
in particular blocking and fouls on jumpers from long range

please save us
Old 09-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #11
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80

please save us
i dont know why i havent thought of lack of blocking calls. the only way to trigger that is taking a bad charge right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 04:55 AM   #12
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
i dont know why i havent thought of lack of blocking calls. the only way to trigger that is taking a bad charge right?
I tossed shadymikes sliders from last year in, all fouls at 100.. we shall see
Old 09-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80

please save us
Blunt and honesty....

Now @penny80, you're my friend and all, and I have to be honest... you mentioned early on in one of these threads that you didn't want to break the game by tweaking many sliders, but in my experience, being "real and raw", you guys know that I have been a "fouls" guy when it comes to sliders every year as my main focus. I do this to prove that you may actually have to break some sliders to even trigger the fouls you want because 2K shorts us on it. But I have to tell you this, and it may be different on 2k20, but you will most likely have to break some slider areas in order to see fouls in certain aspects because certain slider areas "trigger" fouls depending on how high or low the value, also keeping in mind that user comparison to cpu factors into it as well.. Trust me as I have always posted my game stats pictures honestly and faithfully throughout this forum for years with "proof" and not just hearsay of fouls for both teams at least on Play Now mode.

However, I still agree that those particular foul areas you've mentioned are roughest to fix as they are lacking heavily.

Without those it is still possible to get close to or 20+ fouls per game for both teams. I achieved this all year long on NBA 2K19.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-11-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #14
Banned

Believe it or not, the most success I've seen for blocking fouls on 2k19 was actually with...

CHARGING FOULS: 21
BLOCKING FOULS: 19

...but again with certain slider changes to trigger these fouls also.

Other slider values, I have seen them with were always with Charging Fouls +2 clicks higher than Blocking Fouls....except 100 vs 99 where it was 1 click.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
but you will most likely have to break some slider areas in order to see fouls in certain aspects because certain slider areas "trigger" fouls depending on how high or low the value
Could you elaborate on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Could you elaborate on this?
When I have the time because I am super busy...sorry if my messages seem shortened or broken up without all details but guys I am seriously busy and trying to message in between...

In fact I will provide an example of a slider set that provoked certain foul calls and what happens if you increase certain numbers above certain thresholds later. I and out about and can't at the moment.

I will be buying 2k20 later today and will begin testing immediately to see what's in store for me to test.

Edit: I have a few seconds to minutes to spare lol...it's using combinations. I will list the combinations that work well together...

Last edited by devroyce; 09-11-2019 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »