Home

Pass Accuracy, Pass Speed, Movement, & Other Slider Mechanics

This is a discussion on Pass Accuracy, Pass Speed, Movement, & Other Slider Mechanics within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #17
Banned

hoopsfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Accuracy & Passing Speed Slider Concerns 2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Videos Debunking Lowering Passing Speed/Accuracy Myths

***Excuse my videos as I am manually recording...not hooked up online.***

1. Full court pass with arc, imperfect but realistic catch animation by receiver, with actual landing steps.
https://youtu.be/PUu9CbF63xs

2. "No stopping" on catch/reception by Kyrie
https://youtu.be/kDI9ZscePcI

3. Fastbreak full of passes and "no stopping" when receiver catches the ball"
https://youtu.be/4aTumFora7U

4. Half Court Possession - Passing Mixture of Realistic Speeds and Arc. You will see fast, medium, and slow. You will see passes thrown over the heads of defenders slowly with arc from sideline to sideline in half court possession as in real life. You will see slightly imperfect rather than "always perfect game only" passing that makes up for more realism such as the pass caught by Prince...then he passes to Levert who catches a minor off balanced passes (again very realistic) and still squares up for a clean shot.
https://youtu.be/-PY_FME-vvc

PARTICULAR SLIDERS USED FOR THIS CURRENT EXPERIMENT

Game Speed: 65

USER/CPU

Pass Accuracy: 13/4
Pass Speed: 13
Acceleration: 6
Speed: 1
Lateral Quickness: 4

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating): 60
Speed with Ball (Min rating): 60
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating): 99
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating): 37
Speed without Ball (Max rating): 46
Speed without Ball (Min rating): 46
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating): 97
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating): 1

***It will never be perfect but it helps a lot. Movement sliders also has a lot to do with what you see regarding passing sliders in a huge way. This was only a test. I have more videos but don't have the time to go through them all.***
I like these the best, even though it was just your test! Just my personal opinion

Few questions. Do you have an updated full set for play now? I'd like to try it before 2K20...I will just buy it when the full game comes out...not really thrilled about demos. If you have an updated full set, what do you have for Play passing lanes slider?

Last edited by hoopsfan; 08-18-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #18
Banned

Re: Passing Accuracy & Passing Speed Slider Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsfan
I like these the best, even though it was just your test! Just my personal opinion

Few questions. Do you have an updated full set for play now? I'd like to try it before 2K20...I will just buy it when the full game comes out...not really thrilled about demos. If you have an updated full set, what do you have for Play passing lanes slider?
Thanks. Will send you a personal message.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:00 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Passing Accuracy & Passing Speed Slider Concerns

A very good write-up: Good explanation, good ideas!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YAWfgPc7c/edit
Old 08-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #20
Banned

Re: Passing Accuracy &am p; Passing Speed Slider Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell31
A very good write-up: Good explanation, good ideas!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YAWfgPc7c/edit
Yes it is a good write up and I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet...but the information thus far, is very valuable. This is the kinda stuff I like when attempting to reach a great deal of realism. He really hit some key points about things that would make most who want realism, scream like why? Lol. One of those are vertical jumping of players.

Just changed the title of this thread due to more topics added.

I remember, during one of the old 2k versions, someone on OS Forum mentioning 2K giving Kevin Love a vertical rating somewhere in the 70's, and even provided a video clip of him jumping above the top of the backboard!!! Then, I looked at Kyle Korver's vertical rating and he had a 57. Now, we all know very well that Kevin Love, even at his old age is not a 70+ in vertical! Not even close! Maybe not even a 57!

Now, I will read some more when I get a chance and have more to say.

Edit:

Blow-by's, Blow-by's, Blow-by's...the one area that is greatly debated. I see he covered that area in his research. I agree that most people on this forum act like it doesn't happen every possession. But when you tell them that...no one listens on Operation Sports. It's like most have become desensitized on this forum. You can show people on this forum all kinds of real life videos, and video game vids that correlate with the proof and they'd still be in heavy denial about what is real and what is not with everything on this game.

I will keep up with his updates in the future because this interests me.

Last edited by devroyce; 08-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Passing Accuracy &am p; Passing Speed Sli

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
I remember, during one of the old 2k versions, someone on OS Forum mentioning 2K giving Kevin Love a vertical rating somewhere in the 70's, and even provided a video clip of him jumping above the top of the backboard!!! Then, I looked at Kyle Korver's vertical rating and he had a 57. Now, we all know very well that Kevin Love, even at his old age is not a 70+ in vertical! Not even close! Maybe not even a 57!
I have been trying to define Vertical in statistical terms for years. I would prefer using traditional stats because combines either were not done at some points in history, or the numbers are not easy to find.

Recently, I have thought in terms of different Verticals: In-game; dunk contest; and combine. I hypothesize that a measured vertical translates into an in-game statistical advantage like blocks, rebounding, or fouls drawn. It is kind of an "if-then" hypothesis.

Guards show general agility with high steals/minute numbers; high agility could mean high vertical. Bigs show high dunk/minute estimates when blocks are used in seasons when dunk stats were not recorded. I have looked at free throw attempts when I thought about Blake Griffins' early days and how players hard fouled him to prevent being dunked-on.

Right now, I am trying to pair the above with player height: Usually, shorter players have higher verticals. But, that would make the calculation stagnant, so got to find the mix with in-game stats. Michael Jordan is easy: His vertical resulted in blocks and steals and high fouls drawn; Dr. J was similar. Vince Carter... not so much
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »