Home

Need help with progression sliders

This is a discussion on Need help with progression sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9
Need help with progression sliders

First of all, I have tried some of the slider sets on here (specifically Barnsey and Schnaidt1s sets and amalgamation of their sliders including amalgamations with some tweaks by myself) and have found those to be okay/good but they don't exactly perform as I'd like them to.

My goals for progression/regression in MyLeague are quite simple:
  1. A player's overall should progress 2-4 points per year until he reaches his potential (if peak start allows enough time for this to occur and barring major injuries)
  2. Once a player reaches his peak start, I want him to stay at the rating he has reached at his peak start, with minor fluctuations due to injury or morale, until peak end occurs
  3. After peak end a player's overall should regress 2-3 points per year until he retires

Now for the life of me I can't seem to settle on a slider set that achieves those 3 goals. The problems I usually experience are that either players progress very sporadically/irregularly (even those who play 70+ games with regular starts), players surpassing their potential rating by numerous points (even those who do not get sent down to the buggy G-League) or players that decline during their prime.

Now my experience from previous iterations of NBA 2k has been that the progression/regression pretty much follows what I stipulated above and it infuriates me that I can't seem to replicate the same in 2k19.

So has anyone achieved a progression slider set that mirrors what I've listed above for NBA 2k19? Or are the progression/regression mechanics of NBA 2k19 simply too buggy/faulty to achieve what I want?

Last edited by Fabric; 02-25-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

suntzu420's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help with progression sliders

this.

That is all we need to run a franchise..but I cannot find one either. Please share for the Xbox one if found.

Looking for a sim league

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »