Home

2nd half shenanigans by cpu

This is a discussion on 2nd half shenanigans by cpu within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2nd half shenanigans by cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
I lowered the CPU Off/def awareness & CPU Off/def consistency, that helped eliminate the crazy CPU runs for me. Actually enjoying the game now, playing with the Lakers im 5-7, so im not dominating

The other thing is I have always played with 50+ (mostly 52) game speed , but this time i lowered Game Speed to 45 , and what do you know ...

Now you can setup screens without CPU jumping route before your player, no more blink of the eye steals after your steal or rebound, players that shouldn't blow by your defender can't do it anymore...and crazy scoring runs don't happen unless you let CPU get hot.

It looks that 2K AI "update" was only making animations faster in order to make up for deficiencies
Old 03-22-2019, 10:02 PM   #10
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
The other thing is I have always played with 50+ (mostly 52) game speed , but this time i lowered Game Speed to 45 , and what do you know ...

Now you can setup screens without CPU jumping route before your player, no more blink of the eye steals after your steal or rebound, players that shouldn't blow by your defender can't do it anymore...and crazy scoring runs don't happen unless you let CPU get hot.

It looks that 2K AI "update" was only making animations faster in order to make up for deficiencies

I think my speed is at 44......my bad game speed 48,(attributes) player speed 42

Last edited by timmg; 03-22-2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 03-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
I think my speed is at 44......my bad game speed 48,(attributes) player speed 42
Well i went and plug in my last years sliders and game plays much, much better(game speed is 49 btw).

I'll give you a example, all shooting values for CPU are 52+ and it still shoots between 43-50% per game...so it's not shot success values that are causing offense OP stuff...

From what i have seen it's all about animation speed and lowering speed, acceleration in attributes , as well speed of ball carriers and non ball carrier did the trick .

Now when i play, if i lose i lost because i didn't do well tactically or if i win i won because i didn't make mistakes and played to my teams strengths.

That is all am asking from game , no more, no less...

Last edited by tariq071; 03-24-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
Well i went and plug in my last years sliders and game plays much, much better(game speed is 49 btw).

I'll give you a example, all shooting values for CPU are 52+ and it still shoots between 43-50% per game...so it's not shot success values that are causing offense OP stuff...

From what i have seen it's all about animation speed and lowering speed, acceleration in attributes , as well speed of ball carriers and non ball carrier did the trick .

Now when i play, if i lose i lost because i didn't do well tactically or if i win i won because i didn't make mistakes and played to my teams strengths.

That is all am asking from game , no more, no less...
Do you mind posting this set of yours so we can all use it as well?
Old 03-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #13
Rookie

[ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minigoliath13
Do you mind posting this set of yours so we can all use it as well?

Just understand that this is work in progress, and i am not super expert in NBA 2K, also i always play 10+games and then make adjustments, as my goal is to make game plays faster(it feels superslow right now) but without breaking stuff:

***Please change one thing at time , otherwise it can break things without knowing what is causing it.***

1. I don't think that difficulty really matters(team that you are playing with matters more, imho) , but i've seen least cheese on Allstar (i like it on SS personally)

2. If shooting is to high or to low , adjust in increments +/- 1 for section that you think is needed (ex close shot success , etc..)

3. Speed and Acceleration in last year's sliders were ACC 40 and SP 35 , but that was to combat weak CPU drive defense. Add +5 if you think it's to slow, but be aware that it can possibly lead to same CPU problems.If CPU does like unstoppable slants or drives with players that are not realistic lower it by 5 (shrug)

4. Same goes for Movement values, i added possible testing ones on side use one of those for Human and CPU both (ex. use 70 or 73), if you don't like original ones.

5. I play with some house rules :

- I use ACE and Auto play calls for Offense and Defense ( i still call plays, but not all the time) I think it's fair that way..No cheese plays
- Manual subs , timeouts, player minutes and match ups
-Always set Switch rules to switch guard or switch bigs only, keep rest on default (or do whatever you want with rest)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2k19 Settings.pdf (74.6 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by tariq071; 03-24-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

If anyone is still having a problem: Lower every player's Shot IQ in the League by 20 points. If Shot IQ is over 80 then a player becomes god-like in shooting. I frequently play with Orlando: Aaron Gordon has an IQ of 99. Gordon is neither that smart offensively or that experienced. Roughly speaking, I calculate Shot IQ as FG% + 25. Much better. Now the other shooting attributes matter.

I get the feeling, like so many attributes, Shot IQ is bloated to make the game easier for users, but it is an oversized cudgel in the hands of the AI. Humans do not do bad with it either.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #15
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I have had success with turning ACE off and cutting the offensive consistency to 0. I wouldn't go higher than 10 on Offensive Consistency. Sadly, I find that to be a team effect instead of player effect and I have still been torched by good players and shooters with it at 0. I would really try that before you go tweaking every little thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

I normally play on allstar but the past few months Ive been playing on superstar.

It's ridiculous how the CPU cheats especially when they are making a run:
My hand goes through the ball on blocks and it still goes in.
The CPU gets every loose ball or should I say morphed into their hands.
The will double dribble, travel, and no whistle.
Foot planting physics go out the window.
They'll slide in position and recover on every jump after a pump fake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »