Home

Game Speed vs. actual seconds ???

This is a discussion on Game Speed vs. actual seconds ??? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Game Speed vs. actual seconds ???

Game speed slows players correct? Does it slow "seconds" also? The lower the number the slower they move - yet does it also SLOW actual time?

If I'm getting 100 FGAs in a game and want more like 90 will changing game speed actually slow down game play or does it just make it easier to control players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Game Speed vs. actual seconds ???

No, it doesn't do anything to the time.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Game speed slows players correct? Does it slow "seconds" also? The lower the number the slower they move - yet does it also SLOW actual time?

If I'm getting 100 FGAs in a game and want more like 90 will changing game speed actually slow down game play or does it just make it easier to control players.

Slowing game speed down, use to also slow the clock down some as well, along with passing, and shooting as well, to some extent. I pretty sure, its still this way as well, but to really notice it, and to be sure, just turn game speed way down, and start a game, and that will let you know for sure if it also slows the clock speed down.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

The lower I put that slider the more shots both teams seem to make. It feels like the opposite is happening from what I want - LESS shots

Put a stop watch on the game at 30 40 GAME seconds is 41.6 REAL TIME seconds. At that rate it will add about 2 minutes on the game.

NO WAIT - do I have that backward?

Last edited by Grinder12000; 12-07-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
The lower I put that slider the more shots both teams seem to make. It feels like the opposite is happening from what I want - LESS shots

Put a stop watch on the game at 30 40 GAME seconds is 41.6 REAL TIME seconds. At that rate it will add about 2 minutes on the game.

NO WAIT - do I have that backward?
Try turning all of the Shooting Tendencies down from 50 to 25. Offensive Awareness attribute determines how many different scoring lanes a player can find; Shooting Tendency determines how fast a player will find those scoring lanes.

Out of the box, 50 tendency is a little unrealistic. At 25 the AI will probe more and find the scoring lane at a realistic pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Thanks - now if I can just get Giannis to stop scoring 46 points a game LOL

You would THINK that out of the box the game would be tuned already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »