Home

How the heck do you draw fouls in this game???

This is a discussion on How the heck do you draw fouls in this game??? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How the heck do you draw fouls in this game???

I have been playing 2k since its inception in 99 on the Dreamcast. I love coming here every year for sliders, opinions. etc. I appreciate all the hours people put in to make this game as sim as possible.

Having said that, no matter what sliders I use, and I have tried all of them. I draw about 3-4 fouls a game on all-star and 9 minute quarters. The CPU draws triple or more. It totally lost the fun in this game for me. Any suggestions would be great. I may have to give live a try?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How the heck do you draw fouls in this game???

Turn up Driving contact shot freq/Inside contact shot freq to 80+, Shooting Fouls to 100 and experiment with Contest Shots at 80-85. I've seen way more fouls once I made the contact freq changes, something I was worried about at first but has seemed to create a much more realistic game.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #3
Rookie

I appreciate the advice. I just tried Pokes sliders, changed both to 100, no difference at all!
Old 11-10-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp!!!
I appreciate the advice. I just tried Pokes sliders, changed both to 100, no difference at all!
Try mine sliders and tap shoot button twice when going for a lay up to draw fouls

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Lite using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp!!!
I have been playing 2k since its inception in 99 on the Dreamcast. I love coming here every year for sliders, opinions. etc. I appreciate all the hours people put in to make this game as sim as possible.

Having said that, no matter what sliders I use, and I have tried all of them. I draw about 3-4 fouls a game on all-star and 9 minute quarters. The CPU draws triple or more. It totally lost the fun in this game for me. Any suggestions would be great. I may have to give live a try?

Fouls are broken this yr. Its rare to see any foul called except for reachins and shooting fouls in the paint. You can crank them all to a 100 and those 2 are the only ones you will see called.

I play only 12 minute qtrs, and in 35-40 games played, I have had a total of 5 or 6 charges probably called, I have drawn 4 of them, while the CPU has had only 2.

I have had a total now of 3 shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, and I drawed those fouls, I have yet to foul the CPU on a 3pt shot, and I have even tried to foul them on purpose just to see if it will be called, and it hasnt happened yet.
Oddly enough in the last game I played, I actually drawed 2 of the shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, in the same game. I was shocked to say the least,lol.

It dont matter who's sliders you try, your not going to see a realistic amount of fouls called. Sure you may be able to get your foul totals and free throw totals up some, but there is not a actual slider fix out there, that is going to give you a realistic simulation of fouls called.

If anyone claims there sliders give you a realistic simulation, they either are lying, because they are likely a young kid, and get their kicks out of having a high number of downloads,lol, or they simply dont have any basketball knowledge and they truly think there sliders are realistic due to ignorance of the game IRL.

What you should do is put all the foul sliders on 100, except for blocking, you could put it at 95 that way, if you want to use the aggressiveness button to shove a player, it wont always get called, because at a 100, it seem to happen to often, when I would got to take a charge, sometimes it triggers that aggressive animation, and Im called for a foul, and the CPU I have yet to see use that, so, since it dont cause the CPU to foul more, put it a little lower than charging slider.
For reaching I would set it to 90, but you can put it to 95 or a 100, but at 90, you see a few more steals, and since th egame has a issue with a lack of turnovers, as this has always been a NBA2k issue the devs ignore and wont fix, you have to find ways to get TO up to a more realistic level.
And for shooting fouls, I have it at 95, but have had it at 90, I have put it at a 100 but then you see way to many shooting fouls inside the lane, and I have yet to see more perimeter shooting fouls with it at 100, so thats why I have it at 95, although probably more realistic as far as how many fouls are called in the paint IRL with it at 90, or even 85, but to get fouls number and foul shots up thats why I have it 90-95.

Now something you could try, I have experimented enough yet, but you could put shooting foul slider at 100, but lower contact on drives and inside contact, while raising defensive impact on release of both inside and jumpshots, and see if more shooting fouls on the perimeter get called.

However this was a issue last yr, and the defensive impact sliders on jumshots didnt add to more shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. This has now been broken 2 yrs in a row, and the devs continue to ignore and refuse to fix it.

I hate to sound so pessimistic, but Im just sick of these devs ignoring glaring issues, and refusing to fix them. Many people, basically everyone on this site that plays offline MyLeague, has complained about the lack of fouls issue. And 5 patches later still not fixed, nor will the devs even comment on it. They have their nose up the butts of the online casual fans, who like to play dress up barbie, and street ball, with ridiculous dunks and ball handling that you would never see in a real game, and quite frankly without a trampoline you wouldnt see some of the dunks you can do in the park on NBA2k,lol.

If they aint going to make a NBA simulation, then they need to change the name of the game, because its a lie for them to call it a NBA basketball simulation.

Its too bad those who make NBA Live are so incompetent, because the devs at NBA2k arent incompetent, they just have no competition to put out a NBA basketball simulation, so they cater to the casual fans, and kiddies, who like to play dress up barbie, and worry about accessories rather than actually the game of basketball, because these kids, and casuals will blow money to by VC to play dress up, and have a high overall rating,lol

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Fouls are broken this yr. Its rare to see any foul called except for reachins and shooting fouls in the paint. You can crank them all to a 100 and those 2 are the only ones you will see called.

I play only 12 minute qtrs, and in 35-40 games played, I have had a total of 5 or 6 charges probably called, I have drawn 4 of them, while the CPU has had only 2.

I have had a total now of 3 shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, and I drawed those fouls, I have yet to foul the CPU on a 3pt shot, and I have even tried to foul them on purpose just to see if it will be called, and it hasnt happened yet.
Oddly enough in the last game I played, I actually drawed 2 of the shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, in the same game. I was shocked to say the least,lol.

It dont matter who's sliders you try, your not going to see a realistic amount of fouls called. Sure you may be able to get your foul totals and free throw totals up some, but there is not a actual slider fix out there, that is going to give you a realistic simulation of fouls called.

If anyone claims there sliders give you a realistic simulation, they either are lying, because they are likely a young kid, and get their kicks out of having a high number of downloads,lol, or they simply dont have any basketball knowledge and they truly think there sliders are realistic due to ignorance of the game IRL.

What you should do is put all the foul sliders on 100, except for blocking, you could put it at 95 that way, if you want to use the aggressiveness button to shove a player, it wont always get called, because at a 100, it seem to happen to often, when I would got to take a charge, sometimes it triggers that aggressive animation, and Im called for a foul, and the CPU I have yet to see use that, so, since it dont cause the CPU to foul more, put it a little lower than charging slider.
For reaching I would set it to 90, but you can put it to 95 or a 100, but at 90, you see a few more steals, and since th egame has a issue with a lack of turnovers, as this has always been a NBA2k issue the devs ignore and wont fix, you have to find ways to get TO up to a more realistic level.
And for shooting fouls, I have it at 95, but have had it at 90, I have put it at a 100 but then you see way to many shooting fouls inside the lane, and I have yet to see more perimeter shooting fouls with it at 100, so thats why I have it at 95, although probably more realistic as far as how many fouls are called in the paint IRL with it at 90, or even 85, but to get fouls number and foul shots up thats why I have it 90-95.

Now something you could try, I have experimented enough yet, but you could put shooting foul slider at 100, but lower contact on drives and inside contact, while raising defensive impact on release of both inside and jumpshots, and see if more shooting fouls on the perimeter get called.

However this was a issue last yr, and the defensive impact sliders on jumshots didnt add to more shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. This has now been broken 2 yrs in a row, and the devs continue to ignore and refuse to fix it.

I hate to sound so pessimistic, but Im just sick of these devs ignoring glaring issues, and refusing to fix them. Many people, basically everyone on this site that plays offline MyLeague, has complained about the lack of fouls issue. And 5 patches later still not fixed, nor will the devs even comment on it. They have their nose up the butts of the online casual fans, who like to play dress up barbie, and street ball, with ridiculous dunks and ball handling that you would never see in a real game, and quite frankly without a trampoline you wouldnt see some of the dunks you can do in the park on NBA2k,lol.

If they aint going to make a NBA simulation, then they need to change the name of the game, because its a lie for them to call it a NBA basketball simulation.

Its too bad those who make NBA Live are so incompetent, because the devs at NBA2k arent incompetent, they just have no competition to put out a NBA basketball simulation, so they cater to the casual fans, and kiddies, who like to play dress up barbie, and worry about accessories rather than actually the game of basketball, because these kids, and casuals will blow money to by VC to play dress up, and have a high overall rating,lol

I think it's a combo of incompetence and lack of competition on the 2k side of things... Because a lot of the same issues keep cropping up EVERY YEAR... And they can't for the life of them balance their game at all... I've never seen a company struggle with balancing like 2k... They fix one problem and 10 others crop up... Or they overcompensate and create even more problems than there were originally... At this point it's an artform for them
Old 11-13-2018, 01:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH

I agree totally on all you said and I just bought and returned Live 19, there are fouls. The game is complete garbage comparing though.

I am not giving up, I am going to try your suggestions, not optimistic at all, but it can't get any worse, can it? Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »