Home

Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC)

This is a discussion on Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #257
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC)

Just tried offensive awareness for the CPU at 50 and also lowered User defensive awareness to 50 and this did make a difference. The CPU had 48 PIP which was much better, and shot 22 threes which is better than 13 or so.

I still get the CPU shooting close dumb shots from like 3-4 feet out. Little jump shots near the key. Its unrealistic but this may be a roster issue more than anything. But overall, I will be sticking to these two changes as they have made a difference for sure. Good spot
Old 01-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Just tried offensive awareness for the CPU at 50 and also lowered User defensive awareness to 50 and this did make a difference. The CPU had 48 PIP which was much better, and shot 22 threes which is better than 13 or so.

I still get the CPU shooting close dumb shots from like 3-4 feet out. Little jump shots near the key. Its unrealistic but this may be a roster issue more than anything. But overall, I will be sticking to these two changes as they have made a difference for sure. Good spot
I raised their mid range and three point tendency and lowered their backdoor cuts. This may have affected it as well as I don't get much spamming the paint at all. I also decided to back off a bit more and give the CPU more space to shoot rather than space to drive by.

But those changes were CPU mid range tendency to 50. CPU 3 point tendency to 78. CPU backdoor cuts tendency to 50.

I might change those back to Pokes original settings though. I do want to experiment with turning the CPU defense awareness to 50 and upping on ball defense to 50. I think 0 on ball defense makes the CPU see itself as unguarded more than not or badly guarded so it tries to drive more. I'm not sure of this one though.

Poke, I probably wont get screen shots. I dont really feel like it. I work 70 hours a week and dont get a lot of time to play so not sure I wanna mess around with uploading screens and all that. I could stream on xbox on mixer.... but I do watch team stats and shot charts as the game progresses and go off of the eye test as well. I've been messing around with sliders for 2k and every other sports game for like 10 years now. I have a decent understanding of trying to figure out why the game is doing what it's doing.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #259
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
I raised their mid range and three point tendency and lowered their backdoor cuts. This may have affected it as well as I don't get much spamming the paint at all. I also decided to back off a bit more and give the CPU more space to shoot rather than space to drive by.

But those changes were CPU mid range tendency to 50. CPU 3 point tendency to 78. CPU backdoor cuts tendency to 50.

I might change those back to Pokes original settings though. I do want to experiment with turning the CPU defense awareness to 50 and upping on ball defense to 50. I think 0 on ball defense makes the CPU see itself as unguarded more than not or badly guarded so it tries to drive more. I'm not sure of this one though.

Poke, I probably wont get screen shots. I dont really feel like it. I work 70 hours a week and dont get a lot of time to play so not sure I wanna mess around with uploading screens and all that. I could stream on xbox on mixer.... but I do watch team stats and shot charts as the game progresses and go off of the eye test as well. I've been messing around with sliders for 2k and every other sports game for like 10 years now. I have a decent understanding of trying to figure out why the game is doing what it's doing.
So mid range to 50 and 3PT to 78? Will change these. The other changes I will leave for now until you feel more confident. But thanks mate for your input; you have really made a difference to an already brilliant set by Poke. Im sure we can eek out some further improvements
Old 01-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #260
Rookie

Quote:
So mid range to 50 and 3PT to 78? Will change these. The other changes I will leave for now until you feel more confident. But thanks mate for your input; you have really made a difference to an already brilliant set by Poke. Im sure we can eek out some further improvements
Yes that's what I did. CPU pulls up for more middies and definitely takes more threes.

I agree with this being a brilliant set though. I'm just offering an input on something I found. I understand going to offensive awareness to make the CPU smarter, it has worked in the past, but in 2k19 it just whacks out the CPU and makes them think they can only score in the paint.

But I do love this set. Keeps a good pace, we can use timed shooting, everything else feels spot on.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #261
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Unfortunately one thing I have realized with this set, is that the CPU defending in the key is pathetic. I scored 44 points with Derrick Favors, and I only found out you can cheese the paint after the 1st quarter. I just stand under the back, do a pump fake or two, and I score 9/10. I tried other sets on HOF, and this was not the case. Not sure if it was a once off bug or glitch. I suggest you try getting under the paint with your C or PF and use some moves, and you will score 9/10. This ruined the who set for me. I will try another game and see if it was just a once off, but chances are it isn't. I am so disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #262
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Yes that's what I did. CPU pulls up for more middies and definitely takes more threes.

I agree with this being a brilliant set though. I'm just offering an input on something I found. I understand going to offensive awareness to make the CPU smarter, it has worked in the past, but in 2k19 it just whacks out the CPU and makes them think they can only score in the paint.

But I do love this set. Keeps a good pace, we can use timed shooting, everything else feels spot on.

Also, what difficulty are you playing on? I know Poke said custom, but once you start a MYLEAGUE, it asks for what game difficulty you would like to play on which is seperate to the sliders, and you HAVE to make a choice. There is no such thing as custom AI difficulty. Da Czar even confirmed this for me.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #263
Rookie

Quote:
Also, what difficulty are you playing on? I know Poke said custom, but once you start a MYLEAGUE, it asks for what game difficulty you would like to play on which is seperate to the sliders, and you HAVE to make a choice. There is no such thing as custom AI difficulty. Da Czar even confirmed this for me.
I use, as Poke suggested on one of the last pages, Superstar.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #264
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
I use, as Poke suggested on one of the last pages, Superstar.

Cool. Let me know if you see anything else. I will be testing with the 3PT and Mid range slider tweak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »