Home

How to get guards to get more rebounds?

This is a discussion on How to get guards to get more rebounds? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to get guards to get more rebounds?

I have no idea. Guys like RW, Harden, Curry etc can get as few as 1 rebound whenever I play the CPU.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to get guards to get more rebounds?

I'd say up their tendencies...if you wanna be super sim try and get accurate "rebound rate" numbers instead of pure rebound numbers. This adjusts for the pace of the game.

The real issue with this is the lack of long rebounds in the game compared to real life but there's not much we can do about that.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruhImAtWork
I'd say up their tendencies...if you wanna be super sim try and get accurate "rebound rate" numbers instead of pure rebound numbers. This adjusts for the pace of the game.

The real issue with this is the lack of long rebounds in the game compared to real life but there's not much we can do about that.
There are no rebound tendencies unfortunately. You're 100% right on the 2nd part though. There are some but 2ks long rebounds are just outside the paint or restricted area, and that doesn't help guards and wings who are defending the perimeter.

Rebound ratings act like tendencies but the problem is a 80 for a PG is not equivalent to an 80 by a center because obvs the center has more time spent by the rim and these short rebounds. For gameplay purposes, changing that 80 to a 90 for the guard and 70 for the big helps a little bit, but then also screws up sim stats. So what i did in my roster rather than jack up ratings was look at badges since they don't affect sim stats.

I removed all hustle rebounder from centers cause even if Steven Adams has a 56 Def Reb rating he'll still pull more than Westbrook cause centers get boards cause they are tall even if they have low verts. ONLY guards and some wings have hustle rebounder. Doesn't fix the problem but helps a tiny bit without sacrificing sim stats. My rule is guards over 60 get bronze, 70 silver, 80 gold, 90 HOF. If they're a true wing then the scale shifts up 10.

Drummond and Whiteside will still get 16 boards without badges don't worry.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 10-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
There are no rebound tendencies unfortunately. You're 100% right on the 2nd part though. There are some but 2ks long rebounds are just outside the paint or restricted area, and that doesn't help guards and wings who are defending the perimeter.

Rebound ratings act like tendencies but the problem is a 80 for a PG is not equivalent to an 80 by a center because obvs the center has more time spent by the rim and these short rebounds. For gameplay purposes, changing that 80 to a 90 for the guard and 70 for the big helps a little bit, but then also screws up sim stats. So what i did in my roster rather than jack up ratings was look at badges since they don't affect sim stats.

I removed all hustle rebounder from centers cause even if Steven Adams has a 56 Def Reb rating he'll still pull more than Westbrook cause centers get boards cause they are tall even if they have low verts. ONLY guards and some wings have hustle rebounder. Doesn't fix the problem but helps a tiny bit without sacrificing sim stats. My rule is guards over 60 get bronze, 70 silver, 80 gold, 90 HOF. If they're a true wing then the scale shifts up 10.

Drummond and Whiteside will still get 16 boards without badges don't worry.
Wait, badges don't affect sim stats? Are you sure? I was under the impression that they do
Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Setting the Rebound Sliders (both offensive and defensive) at 0 helps too.
Atleast for me, I have guys like Ben Simmons and Westbrook almost averaging a TD, without any edits on their Ratings and Badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
Setting the Rebound Sliders (both offensive and defensive) at 0 helps too.
Atleast for me, I have guys like Ben Simmons and Westbrook almost averaging a TD, without any edits on their Ratings and Badges.
Yup. Same here. I have both, Defensive Rebounding & Offensive Rebounding set to 0 also. I am seeing plenty of long rebounds as I am able to chase down the ball after it hits the court as it supposed to like in real life, as opposed to it being "perfectly caught" after every missed shot.

However, there are other caveats as I have these slider settings:

Vertical: 0
Hustle: 0
Attempt Putbacks: 71 (believe it or not, this slider value combined with the 0's makes rebounding more realistic in my opinion. Reasons are at zero players would still grab too many offensive rebounds in a 48 minute game and it needed attempt putbacks to offset its effect. In real life a player goes full force with full aggression in going for an offensive rebound. But on the other hand, a player has to be more careful and scale back on the amount of aggression when attempting a putback if he wants to score. This makes the player hesistate in his decision between the two choices.)

Just my two cents on my personal experience. Hope it helps someone.

I play offline/User vs Cpu/XBox One

UPDATE: I forgot to mention I am still testing attempt putbacks and might lower it a bit from 71, but keep the same format...will see how it goes...

Last edited by devroyce; 10-08-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Try setting Offensive rebounds to 3 and defensive rebounds to 8 on the sliders menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »