Home

Attacking the basket

This is a discussion on Attacking the basket within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Attacking the basket

Is there a slider or anything that can be done to stop players from occasionally not attacking the basket when the opportunity is there. I was playing the Hawks earlier and Vince Carter had an open line to the basket and he just wasn’t real aggressive almost playing in slow motion. Any tips or advice would be great TIA guys

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Attacking the basket

Both the Attack Basket tendency attribute of the player and the Attack The Basket Tendency slider can affect this behavior.

Also, if the Layup Defense(Takeoff) slider is too high in comparison to the Jump shot Defense(Gather) slider, the A.I. will know that Layups are harder than J's, which can make them hesitant to go to the rack unless the lane is 100% clear.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Attacking the basket

Also, Offensive Awareness (OA) attribute slider under settings plays a role.

Over the years, I've come to see OA as scoring-lane recognition and Attack The Basket (ATB) as the frequency of search. Finding a balance between these helps. In College Hoops 2K8 I started putting OA at 100 and ATB at 100 and got what that AI was capable of.

In 2K19, I'm currently running OA at 100 and ATB at 25. I also run at Game-speed 80; seems to speed-up decision-making so that's why I run ATB "slower" at 25.

Also, as you make adjustments stop and look at the individual player tendency (in this case Carter) through the box-score. Sometimes I see something that seems off; I'll review it in instant replay; then I check the tendency. Of course, a low tendency would mean that player is not comfortable doing what is asked: He lacks a scorer's mentality. As well, an average to below average attribute IQ (awareness) would mean the player doesn't recognize or know how to do what is required.

In the case of Vince Carter: He's 40. He's less aggressive than 5 years ago, much less 10. So, the roster file could be accurate in that regard.

I'd play with the sliders; find a sweet spot that is realistic for most if not all. Then if some are still failing to attack, review/change those players.

Last edited by mcdowell31; 10-06-2018 at 12:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »