Home

Anyone Finding the Right Sliders for Contracts/Free Agency?

This is a discussion on Anyone Finding the Right Sliders for Contracts/Free Agency? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2018, 03:25 AM   #25
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone Finding the Right Sliders for Contracts/Free Agency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
I was testing some of these sliders and noticed something. While its not related to the sliders its concerning. Simmed to January 1st and I've noticed that every player in the last year of their rookie deal are ineligible for a extension despite meeting the 4yrs requirement, even if i edit their original contract length to 5yrs it still doesn't work.
I was meaning to do this myself but please put this in the bugs thread and submit a ticket to 2k support. Contract extensions are something 2k just can't seem to get right.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #26
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Now if one of you guys can figure out how to get Dwight Howard's contract down... I wouldn't have a problem with him getting a decent amount per year but I don't see any team giving him a 4-year deal. He could be an anomaly though because I really don't see anyone else like him getting that type of deal.

edit: well, Millsap seems high as well given his age but overall those look pretty good.
Maybe the "player durability" slider could be linked to that
Old 09-24-2018, 05:23 AM   #27
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I was testing some of these sliders and noticed something. While its not related to the sliders its concerning. Simmed to January 1st and I've noticed that every player in the last year of their rookie deal are ineligible for a extension despite meeting the 4yrs requirement, even if i edit their original contract length to 5yrs it still doesn't work.
I had same problem I report 2k but they should get more reports to put on priority so to everybody bugs please report my league bugs cause this year I found at least 10 or more

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I see a lot of people mentioning this, but I believe that is intentional, and not a bug or anything. Those players are eligible to sign an extension in the offseason, before entering their 4th year, but not during the season itself.

I could be wrong, but I think there is a deadline in the current CBA, for extensions for players on rookie deals. If you can't strike a deal by the deadline, you have to wait until the following offseason, which is what you are seeing happen there. So, if you have a player entering the 4th year off his rookie deal, that you want to extend, you have to negotiate it in the offseason, after that player has finished his 3rd year, and you picked up his last team option, before hitting "advance to next season". The player is still a RFA, in the offseason, after his 4th year is over, if you missed that window, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »