Home

What slider changes do you recommend for...?

This is a discussion on What slider changes do you recommend for...? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
What slider changes do you recommend for...?

I currently play on All-Star difficulty and while the gameplay is pretty solid, I want to change these things:

1. FG%'s are too high so I want to lower these down some.

2. The amount of reach ins is too much. I don't mind the steals that happen if the situation really calls for it, but the CPU is trying to reach-in every time you have the ball.

3. The amount of shooting fouls and overall total fouls needs to be higher.

4. Defensive rebounds could be slightly higher.

Does someone have a good slider set they are doing or working on that has these kinds of fixes in them? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What slider changes do you recommend for...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I currently play on All-Star difficulty and while the gameplay is pretty solid, I want to change these things:

1. FG%'s are too high so I want to lower these down some.

2. The amount of reach ins is too much. I don't mind the steals that happen if the situation really calls for it, but the CPU is trying to reach-in every time you have the ball.

3. The amount of shooting fouls and overall total fouls needs to be higher.

4. Defensive rebounds could be slightly higher.

Does someone have a good slider set they are doing or working on that has these kinds of fixes in them? Thanks.

If you feel your seeing to many reach in fouls by the CPU, I would lower on ball steal tendency slowly down to where you want it. In pro, Im not seeing a over abundance of reaches by the CPU.

Sadly trying to get the over number of fouls up, along with more shooting fouls, if you lower the on ball steal tendency slider.

Now it is a small sample size, so I cant say Im positive on this, but more reach in fouls, tend to lead to more shooting fouls, along with getting the total fouls up.

Obviously the more they reach and are called for it, the higher totals will be, but what Im trying to say if this makes any sense, is by their tendency to reach more, it also makes them reach more when your in the process of shooting, that results in more shooting fouls.
However it dont seem to correlate to fixing the issue with lack of fouls on 3pt attempts, which Ive yet to see in all the game I have played, and I always play on 12 minute qtrs.

So far, you also need to have all foul sliders at 100, or atleast above 90, except for reach in foul slider, which I put at 90, as with it much higher, I wasnt seeing enough steals per game. Granted most steals IRL are by playing the passing lanes, which is definitely improved in NBA2k19 from yrs past, so once i get better at it, and I move up to a higher difficulty, I will probably raise the reach in foul slider up, so your punished more for reaching.

Last yr in 18, I had to play SS or HOF with major slider edits, because all star was just to easy. But in NBA2k19, the CPU is much smarter and tougher than in yrs past. Which I like, as the game flow just feels better on pro and all star, where as when yoy get to SS and especially HOF, the flow just isnt there, as IMO, I feel like Im on skates, and the CPU plays at warp speed, so the unfair speed advantage in yrs past is what I had to always edit on SS and HOF, and even then, the game felt scripted somewhat. I havent tried anything above All Star in 19 yet, but its probably the same way. But all star and pro both play much better than yrs past, as the CPU isnt brain dead, they do make you work. Maybe my old age has something to do with, but pro is giving me a battle, and I have even been blown out by the good teams,LOL.

Wish I had a better answer for you, as these things are really frustrating me right now with lack of fouls. Especially with not seeing any charge calls, or fouls on 3pt attempts, which it was basically broke last yr, with lack of fouls on 3pt attempts.

As for too high a FG%, you can do 1 of 2 things, lower shooting slider slowly to where you get it where you want it. I use shot timing, so I dont know anything about where it should be if using Real FG%. Or you can raise the defensive impact sliders up, which will in effect lower your FG%, as you wont have as many clear open shots.

Where as some sliders seem to have more of impact when adjusting than others, it usually dont take much to see a change when adjusting FG% sliders, or the defensive impact sliders. Where as fouls sliders seem to have very little impact, to where you got to really crank them up to see any change in more fouls.

I have tried slowly raising foul sliders, but it seems to trigger fouls animations, you got to jack them up.

2 game ago I had all foul sliders at 100 and reach in foul slider at 95, and I saw me and the CPU both have 20 fouls each. Problem was none of them were charges or fouls on 3pt shot attempts.

Thats all I got for now, Im concerned that unless we get the devs to fix these issues in a patch, were probably screwed, and typically the devs tend to ignore these types of issues, for those of us who play offline, as once the game comes out they tend to cater to the online players All we can do is continue to complain, and make sure they know were not happy about these issues, and pray they actually fix this in a patch.

It seems every yr there is 1 or 2 things, that really hold the game back from being great. I really thought last yr we were past the lack of charge calls from yrs past, but it has reared it ugly head once again in 19.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »