Home

The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders

This is a discussion on The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2018, 04:06 AM   #1
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders

I'd like to refer to this topic to start
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ve-impact.html

It suggests that if you touch sliders by just one point that it lowers the difficulty, and that's what I have experienced, I've tried all the sliders from this sliders section, did my own versions of sliders, and nothing worked, the game was too easy.

I appreciate the effort guys here put in trying to make the game better but it seems like sliders itself are broken this year, and that "custom" difficulty is something not explained enough and it seems like we don't get it how it affects the game. I mean i put help defense and pretty much all defensive sliders at 100 and it was easier for me to score than when values were on default settings.

So these are the settings I am currently playing with, I lost 3 games in a row, something that wouldn't be nearly possible for me in the past.

I just put it on hall of fame, game speed at 50, real fg/ft

CPU is somehow smarter, doesn't take so many dumb shots, defense is acceptable, even tho these untontested drives to the hoop happens from time to time, defense is more aggressive.

If you are not finding CPU challenging I suggest you to try this, it helped me, and share your experience whatever it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 05:24 AM   #2
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Re: The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I'd like to refer to this topic to start
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ve-impact.html

It suggests that if you touch sliders by just one point that it lowers the difficulty, and that's what I have experienced, I've tried all the sliders from this sliders section, did my own versions of sliders, and nothing worked, the game was too easy.

I appreciate the effort guys here put in trying to make the game better but it seems like sliders itself are broken this year, and that "custom" difficulty is something not explained enough and it seems like we don't get it how it affects the game. I mean i put help defense and pretty much all defensive sliders at 100 and it was easier for me to score than when values were on default settings.

So these are the settings I am currently playing with, I lost 3 games in a row, something that wouldn't be nearly possible for me in the past.

I just put it on hall of fame, game speed at 50, real fg/ft

CPU is somehow smarter, doesn't take so many dumb shots, defense is acceptable, even tho these untontested drives to the hoop happens from time to time, defense is more aggressive.

If you are not finding CPU challenging I suggest you to try this, it helped me, and share your experience whatever it is
would you suggest the default cursors even playing with user timing?
you play with 2k rosters or customized
Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by jakalfc; 03-19-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:51 AM   #3
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
would you suggest the default cursors even playing with user timing?
you play with 2k rosters or customized
Yeah I forgot to mention, I tried to play with the default settings with 2k roster and King Gro's. Both times it was more challenging than before but I feel like it was even better with King Gro's roster.

You can try them with user timing but I think it gives user the advantage because as you learn your team's releases you are going to get more and more greens and it will affect your shooting percentage, I feel like real fg makes it more challenging, I think you are on the same level as CPU, and I think it's more realistic
Old 03-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

I've always been a default settings guy and only recently have I tried using the sliders sets in OS because I thought I'd find a little more realism that way. But as you've said the game is just too easy for me now and I'm not the greatest of players. I blow both good teams and bad teams out on a consistent basis using sliders. On default there is much more of a challenge but the cheese factor is what gets me upset from time to time. Also when It comes to user vs real shot percentage I've always stuck with user because I like learning the different shots for my players but the more you play, the more those shots become somewhat automatic so for more of a challenge I may just have to switch to real shot and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

I use default hall of fame sliders when i play with my friends. When i play the cpu with default sliders i get waxed really. Maybe I’m not good I don’t know. But, I do my MyLeague with slider settings. I play with different teams, mostly every game on the schedule too so I feel sliders add more to realism than anything else since playing every game can be repetitive at times. I alternate between Superstar and HOF when I use sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Blow byes happen because the defense in this game is terrible. If they don't correct it in 2K19, I'm not buying it anymore.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #7
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

until now I have always played with custom cursors but I tried to play with the default HOF sliders and I found the game different from the usual, I play with the Gro23 rosters with user timing, the game was difficult and I took a nice defeat against the cavs with my clippers, from here on I will go with the default HOF sliders

Old 03-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #8
Rookie

AllDayEveryDay24's Arena

do both teams get to free throw line enough with default sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »