Home

Aggressive cpu slider set

This is a discussion on Aggressive cpu slider set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Aggressive cpu slider set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Forget logic . 2k has speed with ball and without ball the same. Why? I don’t know . Cpu has an internal boost. Why? I don’t know . On default pro there is no separation on fast breaks . Why? I don’t know.

2k’s movement has always been off . Players slide , players warp, players have jerky movements to them.

If u went by logic and put the sliders accordibg to that logic then you would have an unrealistic looking game.

Things I look for when I play is
1. How smooth is the guy I’m controlling on defense. Does he back pedal smoothly? Does he accelerate and stop without sliding.

2. On offense, how is the dribbling and acceleration with dribbling up the court? Is there a huge flux or is the transition natural .

3. In the post , does it feel like there is weight when bodying up? does it feel like your skating and any branching animation out of the post are herky jerky?

4. Passing , does it feel like there is weight behind the pass or does it zip by and not correlate to what your body is doing?

5. does the cpu aggressive shoot at appropriate times, or are they stagnant and at times have no flow to them?

6. Does hand movement on blocking, reaching in on defense and fouling look natural or warping?

7. Does driving to the basket feel real, or even fun?

8. Does body interaction animations look smoothe on picks, on ball defense and fouls?

9. Is there the right pace to players when walking or jogging up the court?

Trying to get all theses aspects is hard and down right impossible. There are trade offs because of 2k’s internal logic .

It’s not what’s on paper, it’s what you se that matters.😉
As i said i see that the players have same Acceleration, Speed and also same Strength, Vertical Jump, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding. With these settings the game is Unrealistic and also with these settings it is almost nevermind who is the opponent , Golden State Warriors or Sacramento Kings. Because all of the players for Golden State Warriors have 100% Acceleration, Speed, Vertical Jump, Strength, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding and also all of the players for Sacramento Kings have 100% Acceleration, Speed, Vertical Jump, Strength, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #26
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Well I just played the Cavs vs the Lakers and then the Cavs vs the Warriors and there was a huge difference.
Beat up on the Lakers , but lost to the Warriors. Curry led fast breaks and beat defenders. LeBron got fouled while driving by bigger players but muscled past smaller ones. Players actually played like their counterparts. Players coming off of screen that actually looked like they had weight to them.

Don’t forget every player has a ton of tendencies and attributes that play into the sliders. That has a bigger part to the gameplay.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
Rookie

This is awesome! The CPU plays MUCH more realistically, particularly on offence.

I tinkered with three things to lift my steal rate, support 3pt percentage on barely-contested shots & get more user freethrows:

* jump shot defence (release) for both CPU and User down to 40
* user steal success up to 60
* shooting fouls for user up to 60

Thanks heaps man, you've made MyLeague so much more playable
Old 03-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #28
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerbian
As i said i see that the players have same Acceleration, Speed and also same Strength, Vertical Jump, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding. With these settings the game is Unrealistic and also with these settings it is almost nevermind who is the opponent , Golden State Warriors or Sacramento Kings. Because all of the players for Golden State Warriors have 100% Acceleration, Speed, Vertical Jump, Strength, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding and also all of the players for Sacramento Kings have 100% Acceleration, Speed, Vertical Jump, Strength, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding.
If you don’t like them, don’t use them. He didn’t have to even share his work. The way you’re criticizing his sliders are out of bounds and if you think you can do better, go create your own.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 03-17-2018, 04:56 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
If you don’t like them, don’t use them. He didn’t have to even share his work. The way you’re criticizing his sliders are out of bounds and if you think you can do better, go create your own.
Hehhh For me Brooke sliders are the best on this forum, because most of the sliders are on 50% and some sliders are on 100 to make CPU Harder. But at the same time it is Unreal in some points. Unfortunately to make CPU Better we must to boost sliders to 100. Sorry for my english

In NBA2K18 Pick and Roll is too easy , I run beside the players and Dunk ... it is not funny , but with Brooke Sliders it is harder to do. At the moment i use Brook Sliders with some boost : Hustle 100 and On Ball Defense 100 to make Pick and Roll harder ...

So in overall Brooke sliders are the most challenging and i like it , but as i said it is Unreal in some points because of high (100) sliders.

Hehhh and I gave him 5star

Last edited by TheSerbian; 03-17-2018 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #30
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

It’s all good. I appreciate the feedback. If you want a tough challenge Serbian, I came up with some sliders that u might like just for U. Put the difficulty to HOF.
Then only change the following:

Game speed 52
User/ cpu
Speed with Ball (Max Rating): 72/70
Speed with Ball (Min Rating): 37/35
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating): 100/67
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating): 75/35
Speed without Ball (Max Rating): 65/60
Speed without Ball (Min Rating): 30/25
Acceleration without Ball (Max Rating): 62/57
Acceleration without Ball (Min Rating): 30/25
Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #31
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

These sliders are just sooooo good. Highly reccomended for anyone looking for a bigtime challenge. I play with them on HOF with CPU shooting at 55 for inside, close, med, and 3. I also lower User shooting to 48 inside 48 close, 47 mid, 47 3pt and that's all the edits I make. Everything else I use as listed by Brooke and the game is like a whole new game for me. The past 3 games have been crazy variance. I blew out a shorthanded Spurs team by 20 with the T-Wolves. The next game I used the Kings and the Lakers blew me out by 30! Then I used T-Wolves again and was down 22 to the Raptors and made a furious comeback to tie it at 106-106 with 1 min left and Derozan hit a stepback 20 foot game winner to crush my soul. I loved every minute of it though!

Thanks Brooke for making the game fun again. I am a huge realism nerd and hate seeing repeated box scores where the cpu is shooting barely any free throws. With these, the CPU consistently gets into the high teens and sometimes even high 20s on FT attempts. Every other set I've tried this year could not fix this issue. I thought it was a game issue and it really killed the game for me along with the fact I was blowing out the CPU by 20 or 30 pretty much every game on every other set I tried. You saved 2k for me this year!

I'm a PS4 guy but really thinking of getting an Xbox one now. Can't even imagine how insane these would be with the simworld rosters just released. Simworld Lebron, Westbrook, Harden would go absolutely crazy with these sliders. Would be an absolute nightmare to try to keep them out of the lane.

Last edited by caseyj622; 03-19-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »