Home

DEVROYCE HOF CUSTOM SET (No longer using)

This is a discussion on DEVROYCE HOF CUSTOM SET (No longer using) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Sliders w/Brooke2011's Real NBA Movement Edits (HOF Test 2-20-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
it seems strange but the CPU beats more free throws with the 2k roster than the Gro23 roster
seeing these photos you have a lot of balance in free throws with the 2k roster

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Yeah and like I said I have my low's. But I also get a lot of games like these now for both user and cpu. So I dont know how a few others wont get the same results. I wish I had the answer but I don't lol. I just know everyone's experience will be different as we all play unique to each other.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by devroyce; 02-26-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #50
Banned

Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Sliders w/Brooke2011's Real NBA Movement Edits (HOF Test 2-20-2

The only thing I can suggest for those who want to see the same foul results, and who are still helping me on this journey is to start over from the beginning and do this:

1. Set your difficulty to Hall of Fame BEFORE inputting any sliders. Don't miss that part because it happens to me sometimes. Choose the slider test version you want. And make sure you use the USER/CPU (50/50 example) format. Its easy to mistake user for cpu and vice versa.

2. USE 2K DEFAULT ROSTER as I did to truly test it.

3. Use EVERY SINGLE GAME SETTING that I used on the opening page such as controller setting number values, etc. Not just the game sliders. All. Everything.

4. Play the entire game. Not one quarter, or 2 quarters...play the whole game because things change throughout games quite often and you will be surprised. Play MORE than one game. You will have high's and lows. Use different teams also.

5. Post some kind of stats or proof here "only if you can". Just saying "this doesn't happen" is all hearsay...No offense, but actually playing the games is what counts. Not just going on multiple threads making general statements. "We know the issues 2K has already." Would like to see stats or something. Even if its just total team fouls if thats the category you are most focused on.

6. Some of us are still going to experience different results than others as we all play at a different level...plus a different style. You can always tweak to your liking or use another slider on Operation Sports...or wait for 2K19.

That is the only advice I can give at this point. However, Thanks to all!!! And goodluck with wherever you are going with 2K18.

~After all, Its just a video game everyone. JUST A VIDEO GAME. Remember that.~

Last edited by devroyce; 02-26-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #51
Banned

Another thing I forgot to mention: You can always see which players perform certain foul habits the most, or jump at pumpfakes the most or habits such as committing blocking fouls the most, reach ins, and more...checkout players that perform certain habits "the most" leading to certain kinds of fouls and mimic/copy their attributes or tendencies and apply it to other players with roster edits if you decide to go that route...though I know its time consuming.

Example:

1. From my experience Raymond Felton performs reach ins so much in 2K18 and I see him commit reach in fouls often whenever I play against the Thunder. Take note of his defensive atrributes, to include, foul tendencies, and go for on ball steals tendencies. (other notables, Jeff Green)

2. Jae Crowder commits quite a bit of illegal picks and so do other players who sets picks or perform screens. Checkout his tendencies for that category. Take notice of others who has the same habit and compare their ratings and tendencies.

3. Jose Calderon tries to draw charges in between the perimeter and free throw line/baseline, so he ends up committing blocking fouls quite a bit. So, check out his defensive attribute ratings, and his foul and take charge tendencies. Maybe you can apply the same range for others.

4. Guys who commit hard fouls and flagrants quite often from my experience are Gortat, Aron Baynes, and there are more...

5. Some players commit certain fouls due to high hustle ratings as well, so they overplay and it results in various fouls...when I get the chance to play my game I can name a few.

6. Isaiah Thomas commits fouls period...due to low defensive attribute ratings.

7. On the user end, I notice that when using guys like Durant who likes to jumpout very long to attempt blocked shots, I tend to jump into players attempting to shoot longrange (especially when using a very high Block global slider value around 60+ and very low Vertical global slider value near or at 0). There are other players who I can't remember at the time, who does the same...again, look at their attributes and tendencies and apply to others. ***SEE VIDEO CLIPS FROM A FEW POSTS AGO, where Durant commits 2 fouls on jumpshots.***

I can name many more players who foul a lot with certain habits that can be applied to others. But just a little insight given to all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by devroyce; 02-26-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #52
Banned

***SIDENOTE and HINT: You, as the User, have the freedom to choose to reach in or go for an on ball steal which could lead to a reach in foul, attempt to take a charge which can lead to a blocking foul, jump at shooters, etc. There are buttons for these functions. But if you as the User don't do these things or defend at all, you won't foul anyone. Simple as that. "Your A.I. teammates will commit fouls time after time if they're allowed to defend the ballhandler." I'm sure many of you know that already, but most want to defend the ballhandler on their own as the User. And yes I understand that CPU has to give the User a reason commit a foul if CPU is aggressive, and attacking...which we know is a sure issue with this game becaude of the lack thereof.

I understand 2k's problems but these are a few things most probably don't do. Especially the second to last sentence, with A.I. teammates.

Last edited by devroyce; 02-26-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:38 PM   #53
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Devroyce, what sliders are you rolling with ? Are they posted on page one or is it it another set?
Old 02-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #54
Banned

Currently, I'm doing some slider testing as I play to see if I can make future updates. Page one sliders remained as is because I haven't decided on what slider values will be changed (shooting success is the only that will be increased so far). Some of the previous posts were geared toward rather people are seeing nba league avg fouls or not...as I am seeing them or at least close them more but some of people claim they are not. I posted full game results to show that I am as proof. Everyone's experience is different though.

Last edited by devroyce; 02-28-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #55
Banned

1244641.jpg

Crazy wild game that I did not show any care about...careless turnovers. Cpu high steal amounts lol! But the point here is the number of team fouls. See picture.

***Foul Totals: CHI 17 vs DET 29***

Reach In Fouls: CHI 9 vs DET 4
Blocking Fouls: CHI 0 vs DET 3
Shooting Fouls Inside: CHI 8 vs 22

Why am I getting this many? hmmm...

(this game was tested using a few different slider values which I may detail later such as blocking, steal success, steals attribute, play passing lane, ball security, & ball handling)

Last edited by devroyce; 02-26-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 10:57 PM   #56
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Very intrigued by the audio settings, Im already using Brookes movement sliders but really like to tweak other sliders to my own liking, I've been staying close to default this year except lowering ALL shooting sliders to get more realistic field goal percentages on real player %. I will definitely try these though to give some constructive feedback. Thanks in advance for all the work you put in.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »