Home

List 2K's Gameplay Issues

This is a discussion on List 2K's Gameplay Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
List 2K's Gameplay Issues

Hey everyone! I have decided to create my own slider set this year. This will not be the thread for the slider set. This thread is for assistance to those creating sliders. I want everyone to list the issue with 2K's gameplay that can be modified via gameplay sliders! I need your assistance because I've actually played so much 2K that the issues have almost become natural to me. So I want to create a set of sliders that are User/CPU balanced. There will be no scale of difficulty. Just realism! So in order for me to do so I will need your help by listing all of the issues that stand out to you! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Re: List 2K's Gameplay Issues

Poor AI defence is huge but doubt sliders can fix this.
I am just interested in sim stats playing 12 minute quarters. No cheese.

Eggie's and ACE's slider sets are two great sets but both play slightly differently. They are a good base to start from.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Poor AI defence is huge but doubt sliders can fix this.
I am just interested in sim stats playing 12 minute quarters. No cheese.

Eggie's and ACE's slider sets are two great sets but both play slightly differently. They are a good base to start from.

I'll check them out. I just want to have not only sim stats but I want the gameplay to feel good as well. The gameplay is so unresponsive and clunky this year.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
I'll check them out. I just want to have not only sim stats but I want the gameplay to feel good as well. The gameplay is so unresponsive and clunky this year.
It's hard to fix every flaw in this game and i doubt any of us can. If you try mine, make sure it was downloaded after the last update i made in my thread.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie25
It's hard to fix every flaw in this game and i doubt any of us can. If you try mine, make sure it was downloaded after the last update i made in my thread.

Yeah definitely going to give yours a try after the positive feedback I'm seeing. Unfortunately it won't be until Sunday but I'm excited to try them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Defensive player movement is probably the biggest issue imo. I think it's the major reason rotating defense appears so bad. It takes a while for defensive players to get going in a direction. Whether this is bigs getting routinely beat down court by their opposing bigs or people being slow to rotate I think it's all tied to the slow animations on defense. Good defense has a lot to do with anticipation over just reaction which is why I believe everything appears in slow motion when on defense. Guess the wrong direction or overplay someone you will get burned in 2k because it's hard to recover and gain momentum to get back into position. IMO I think that's why the game controls how it does on defense. I think the motion/animation speed of defenders both on and off ball can be extremely slow. They have to improve the locomotion of defenders in the way they back pedal, closeout, cut, turn, and accelerate.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Yeah definitely going to give yours a try after the positive feedback I'm seeing. Unfortunately it won't be until Sunday but I'm excited to try them out.
Cool. Let me know how it goes when you try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Defensive player movement is probably the biggest issue imo. I think it's the major reason rotating defense appears so bad. It takes a while for defensive players to get going in a direction. Whether this is bigs getting routinely beat down court by their opposing bigs or people being slow to rotate I think it's all tied to the slow animations on defense. Good defense has a lot to do with anticipation over just reaction which is why I believe everything appears in slow motion when on defense. Guess the wrong direction or overplay someone you will get burned in 2k because it's hard to recover and gain momentum to get back into position. IMO I think that's why the game controls how it does on defense. I think the motion/animation speed of defenders both on and off ball can be extremely slow. They have to improve the locomotion of defenders in the way they back pedal, closeout, cut, turn, and accelerate.
That's pretty accurate. I would've rathered the game be more overpowered on the defensive end because offense imo is easier to tweak. I've been trying to find the right balance but it is difficult. The sliders are also sensitive. A tweak in one, can throw something off in another.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone tried defensive awareness at 100 to see if AI defense plays smarter?

I definitely think defense plays better with help defense strength at 100. Bigs actually crowd and try to protect the paint. On-ball defense is overpowered at default so I like to lower that to help with more blow by's like you see IRL. Help defense maxed out helps to compensate for less sticky on-ball D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »