Home

Old 12-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Rebounding

Hello! are rebounding stats bugged? for example if you go game stats you get diferent numbers(correct numbers) like in team comparision. You know what i mean?

for example i played thunders v sixers. On team comparision they had 40 dreb and 13 oreb, so when i went to look in team stats they had 49 rebounds and also if i go look team stats on statistics i see they average 53 rebounds like on team comparision stats.

So is that supposed to be like that? maybe it doesnt count block shots rebound or something? Does anyone knowsomething about that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rebounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar
Hello! are rebounding stats bugged? for example if you go game stats you get diferent numbers(correct numbers) like in team comparision. You know what i mean?

for example i played thunders v sixers. On team comparision they had 40 dreb and 13 oreb, so when i went to look in team stats they had 49 rebounds and also if i go look team stats on statistics i see they average 53 rebounds like on team comparision stats.

So is that supposed to be like that? maybe it doesnt count block shots rebound or something? Does anyone knowsomething about that?
Rebounds that go out of bounds are team rebounds and not individual rebounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Rebounds that go out of bounds are team rebounds and not individual rebounds.

Its bugged. Rebounds supposed to be rebounds. Individual rebounds sums team rebounds.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

Poke's Arena

Rebounds are credited to the first player that gains clear possession of the ball or to the player that successfully deflects the ball into the basket for a score. A rebound is credited to a team when it gains possession of the ball after any missed shot that is not cleared by a single player (e.g., deflected out of bounds after the shot, blocked out of bounds, bounced directly off the rim out of bounds). A team rebound is never credited to any player, and is generally considered to be a formality as according to the rules of basketball, every missed shot must be rebounded whether a single player controls the ball or not.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Rebounds are credited to the first player that gains clear possession of the ball or to the player that successfully deflects the ball into the basket for a score. A rebound is credited to a team when it gains possession of the ball after any missed shot that is not cleared by a single player (e.g., deflected out of bounds after the shot, blocked out of bounds, bounced directly off the rim out of bounds). A team rebound is never credited to any player, and is generally considered to be a formality as according to the rules of basketball, every missed shot must be rebounded whether a single player controls the ball or not.

Thank you for nice expanation, but every game in nba in real life has the same amount of rebounds, on indvidual basis as well as team rebounds.
Thats why i am confused
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar
Thank you for nice expanation, but every game in nba in real life has the same amount of rebounds, on indvidual basis as well as team rebounds.
Thats why i am confused
This is not my explanation it's from the rules of basketball.

Here's another explanation from nba.com

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive...oul-is-called/

Old 12-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #7
Pro

Also a rebound is credited in 2k if a shot is blocked and retrieved. I learned that while running tests.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #8
MVP

Poke's Arena

A blocked shot is counted as a missed shot so it should be a rebound if it was going upwards if it was more so downward it's a steal

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »