Home

Schnaidt1's 2k17 Sliders W/My League Settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's 2k17 Sliders W/My League Settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #321
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Schnaidt1's 2k17 Sliders W/My League Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody2k6
Can these league settings be used with Lorenzo's multi year talent balance?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
what is his multi year balance??? i haven't seen anything on this.

edit: just went and looked...yes this will work just fine with his methods and i highly recommend these for my league.
Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey there - I must say these sliders are awesome! Games have been really fun and have kept me hooked and challenged.

The one question I did have which I wish you can provide more clarity around are the rotations..I totally understand avoiding mass subs but it doesn't make sense to me assigning 2 starters 15-20 minutes. If you look around the league most teams have 4 starters that average close to 30 mpg or more. This holds true for teams like the Warriors and even the Suns..could you imagine playing Draymond or Klay 15-20 minutes a game.. Is this really just to avoid mass subs?

Do you have any alternate rotation strategies? Or if I'm not concerned about mass subs can I use whatever rotations I would like?
Old 07-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #323
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicon14
Hey there - I must say these sliders are awesome! Games have been really fun and have kept me hooked and challenged.

The one question I did have which I wish you can provide more clarity around are the rotations..I totally understand avoiding mass subs but it doesn't make sense to me assigning 2 starters 15-20 minutes. If you look around the league most teams have 4 starters that average close to 30 mpg or more. This holds true for teams like the Warriors and even the Suns..could you imagine playing Draymond or Klay 15-20 minutes a game.. Is this really just to avoid mass subs?

Do you have any alternate rotation strategies? Or if I'm not concerned about mass subs can I use whatever rotations I would like?
the thing is....just because you assign starters 15 -20 minutes doesnt mean they only play it...just like giving bench players 30 minutes doesnt mean they get it.

the only true way to get rotations proper is lineup performance factor at 0, bench utilization at 100 and do an advanced rotation (u wouldnt use the incriments of 5 rule for advanced rotation).

however, for those who dont like advanced rotation and dont want mass subs, giving 2 starters 15-20 minutes and 2 bench guys 30 helps the subs occur more true....those starters will still play right around 30 minutes...i promise.

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you so much for your sliders! I have been looking for new things to try since I'd never had any problem building a new dynasty within the first 2-3 years before.

I launched a new league last night with your sliders and took over the Lakers. I usually play 8-9 min quarters, but I played 11-min quarters on Pro as you suggested. The final score was too high to my taste: I beat the Rockets 139-128 if I remember correctly with 3 starters scoring 20+, another at 17 and a sub at 18. You could argue that both teams in real life are high-scoring teams with no real interest in playing D.

Still I will try and go back to 9-min quarters. I have to admit the game played very nicely, Harden being his unstoppable self from both long-range and on drives; and Chris Paul doing most of his damage on mid-range jumpers.

I only have one question right now for you. Would you please take a look at my squad and help me optimize minutes?

STARTERS
Lonzo Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Ingram
Randle
Lopez

SUBS
Clarkson
Nance Jr
Deng
Robinson
Zubac
Ennis
Kuzma

Last edited by remster_9; 08-07-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: wording
Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #325
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

I use your substitution minutes in my entire roster. Great find bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #326
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by remster_9
Thank you so much for your sliders! I have been looking for new things to try since I'd never had any problem building a new dynasty within the first 2-3 years before.

I launched a new league last night with your sliders and took over the Lakers. I usually play 8-9 min quarters, but I played 11-min quarters on Pro as you suggested. The final score was too high to my taste: I beat the Rockets 139-128 if I remember correctly with 3 starters scoring 20+, another at 17 and a sub at 18. You could argue that both teams in real life are high-scoring teams with no real interest in playing D.

Still I will try and go back to 9-min quarters. I have to admit the game played very nicely, Harden being his unstoppable self from both long-range and on drives; and Chris Paul doing most of his damage on mid-range jumpers.

I only have one question right now for you. Would you please take a look at my squad and help me optimize minutes?

STARTERS
Lonzo Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Ingram
Randle
Lopez

SUBS
Clarkson
Nance Jr
Deng
Robinson
Zubac
Ennis
Kuzma
thank you for the feedback.. that is super high scoring....could be an oddity. anyway

for your Lineup..id go.

ball- 20
kcp: 30
ingram:20
randle: 30
lopez: 35

clarkson: 30
nance: 30

the rest of your bench depends on how deep you want to go..i normally rock 10..

just make sure you set their minutes in increments of 5.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #327
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
I use your substitution minutes in my entire roster. Great find bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
thanks man!! I'm glad to see so many ppl finding things they like with my set..some like the sliders, some the my league settings, some the rotations...and a few even like all 3 lol.

appreciate the love though!

Old 08-17-2017, 04:43 AM   #328
Rookie

Question schnaidt can you use advanced rotations in CPU vs CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »