Home

Trifecta 2k17 Sliders

This is a discussion on Trifecta 2k17 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-12-2016, 03:34 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Trifecta 2k17 Sliders

Hi there,

I'm new in this forum. Do you think it's better if we lower down shooting fouls slider to say 50 or 55? Sometimes there are some no calls in NBA even when the players had hard contact. Just some honest opinion o.O
Old 10-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanlee18
Hi there,

I'm new in this forum. Do you think it's better if we lower down shooting fouls slider to say 50 or 55? Sometimes there are some no calls in NBA even when the players had hard contact. Just some honest opinion o.O
Have you seen an abnormal amount of fouls?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-13-2016, 03:28 AM   #19
Just started!

Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I must admit that I personally did not played in a 12 minutes quarter game, nor 10 minutes. Instead I judged based on the default 5 minutes one. Hence, I couldnt really compare to the current NBA stats as it's not fair to just simply multiply the numbers from a 5 minutes quarter to a standard game quarter time ><

What I've been looking at are mainly based on how often shooting fouls are called when I'm playing. There are a lot of aspects to look at that will create a reasonable number for shooting fouls, such as how often you drive, how successful you run a play that ends up create enough space for the defender not able to make contact etc. If you drive a lot ends up you get tons of calls and it will not justify the numbers of shooting fouls, you get my point =)

I've seen a lot of complaints on this forum regarding the default All Star shooting fouls slider just seems to be a lil too much as shooting fouls are being call every time you had contact, both in the paint and perimeter, not to mention the SuperStar and Hall of Fame sliders.

I noticed you lower down the rebound slider in result a realistic rebound and also understand that if we lower shooting foul slider it might leads to more rebound after a missed contact shot.

Most of the time, there are a lot of no calls even in the paint when there's obvious contact. Balls got tip around after a miss and when it's finally caught, the follow up contact shot is the one that got called. I guess we can try to lower rebound slider a lil more (after lower shooting fouls) to make sure the numbers are realistic.

*With all due respect, I like and enjoy a lot of your slider and i think you did a great job on that =) Just some opinion to see if we could improve it *.^
Old 10-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanlee18
Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I must admit that I personally did not played in a 12 minutes quarter game, nor 10 minutes. Instead I judged based on the default 5 minutes one. Hence, I couldnt really compare to the current NBA stats as it's not fair to just simply multiply the numbers from a 5 minutes quarter to a standard game quarter time ><

What I've been looking at are mainly based on how often shooting fouls are called when I'm playing. There are a lot of aspects to look at that will create a reasonable number for shooting fouls, such as how often you drive, how successful you run a play that ends up create enough space for the defender not able to make contact etc. If you drive a lot ends up you get tons of calls and it will not justify the numbers of shooting fouls, you get my point =)

I've seen a lot of complaints on this forum regarding the default All Star shooting fouls slider just seems to be a lil too much as shooting fouls are being call every time you had contact, both in the paint and perimeter, not to mention the SuperStar and Hall of Fame sliders.

I noticed you lower down the rebound slider in result a realistic rebound and also understand that if we lower shooting foul slider it might leads to more rebound after a missed contact shot.

Most of the time, there are a lot of no calls even in the paint when there's obvious contact. Balls got tip around after a miss and when it's finally caught, the follow up contact shot is the one that got called. I guess we can try to lower rebound slider a lil more (after lower shooting fouls) to make sure the numbers are realistic.

*With all due respect, I like and enjoy a lot of your slider and i think you did a great job on that =) Just some opinion to see if we could improve it *.^

Thank you for the feedback. I would be interested to see how everything turns out for you playing longer quarters as more bench players would be involved. I have always felt that with shorter quarters stats can get skewed due to starters playing most of the minutes.

I will run some more tests and monitor the fouls as well.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #21
Rookie

i never seem to make an and 1 and also my plays never seem to run as smooth as the CPU's. they come off screens effectively. my players always run into the defender or something like that. you have always made some of my favorite slider sets so I'm not complaining about yours, i just haven't had as much fun playing 2k this year as years past.

how could i improve offensive movement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toliveanddieinsf
i never seem to make an and 1 and also my plays never seem to run as smooth as the CPU's. they come off screens effectively. my players always run into the defender or something like that. you have always made some of my favorite slider sets so I'm not complaining about yours, i just haven't had as much fun playing 2k this year as years past.

how could i improve offensive movement?
I take all feedback so not a problem. Are you using 2k rosters? Their rosters seem to have alot of AI issues, plus the playbooks and individual play types are messed up as well in them as well. You could raise Offense awareness by 5 and see if that helps.

One thing that is frustrating for me is every time I get things like I want them a patch and tuner comes and screws things up.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I take all feedback so not a problem. Are you using 2k rosters? Their rosters seem to have alot of AI issues, plus the playbooks and individual play types are messed up as well in them as well. You could raise Offense awareness by 5 and see if that helps.

One thing that is frustrating for me is every time I get things like I want them a patch and tuner comes and screws things up.
i am just using the base roster, i do sig shot edits, but don't have time to do a full roster edit of my own
Old 10-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Sliders have been Updated. All changes in Bold on the 1st post. They have also been uploaded to Xbox Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »