Home

High amount of REBOUNDS

This is a discussion on High amount of REBOUNDS within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #25
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: High amount of REBOUNDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
You know what I find to a huge issue. The amount of second FTA missed. It seems like if I guy misses 1/2 in this game, its always the second one. If you watch an actual NBA game, if the average FT shooter (70-75%) makes the first, I would bet they make the second over 80% of the time. The reason for this is simple, repetition. Any good player is going to just repeat that same motion, and since these guys are in the NBA, they don't have a very hard time doing that. This also goes for when a player misses the first shot. A lot of times, when a player misses the first shot, they make the second. This is because they realize what they did wrong the first time, maybe a little too short, and adjust for the next shot. Once again these guys are in the NBA, so they adjust pretty well, and make that second FT more often than not. I would say in an average game on here, on default superstar, both the CPU and I average about 30 FTA, and 8-10 misses from the line. The problem is atleast 6 of those misses turn into rebounds. If you eliminate some of those each game you go from 54 rebounds/game to like 48. The issue is that FT percentages are great right now so I don't want to mess those up, so I don't know if something like that can be patched or not.
I think you're onto something here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
This might be because teams are credited rebounds when a shot bounces out of bounds and no one grabs it. For example, if someone bricks a shot off the side of the rib and it bounces off a defender and bounces out of bounds, it is counted as a "team rebound" but no individual player gets credit for a rebound.
This is correct. I work stats in the D-league and this is how we record it. Not a bug.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #27
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick
This is correct. I work stats in the D-league and this is how we record it. Not a bug.

That sounds like a sick gig. What team you work for?

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 09-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
That sounds like a sick gig. What team you work for?
Legends. Yeah man it's a lot of fun for sure. Especially if you are a numbers geek like me.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #29
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
Poke you know it's more complex than that.

Game speed, shot attempts, Fg%, 3pt%, offensive rebounds, FTA's, all without mentioning actually playing good Defense making the CPU run out the clock when they're on offense. Blocks/turnovers.

Tendencies, Attributes, gameplanning, ACE. All go into it. It's tough getting a sim experience without feeling like you're not getting cheated at the same time.

Tricky tricky.
Agreed. However I have good games and good stats when I play. You'll never get rid of all the cheating.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #30
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

These are games played on default SS from friend of mine who frequents this forum

20161003_213148.jpg20161003_213117.jpg20161003_213100.jpg20161003_213039.jpg20161003_212922.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #31
Pro

sandmac's Arena

As usual...Not enough non shooting fouls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick

I don't understand. How it counts as a team rebound but no player get the rebound counted. The total rebounds in the shot chart show us other numbers(exactly total rebounds of all players in the team).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »