Home

Davon Brown's NBA 2K17 Simulation Settings & Sliders

This is a discussion on Davon Brown's NBA 2K17 Simulation Settings & Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 PM   #17
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Davon Brown's NBA 2K17 Simulation Settings & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea man I kind of wish there was no tendency slider or have separate tendencies that are not the same as the roster. ..or better yet have whoever created the sliders tell us how adjusting the tendency affects the roster tendency. I don't think anyone is perfectly clear on their correlation.

The tendency sliders directly affect the roster tendency, and the correlation is pretty black and white. You want more 3s? Increase that tendency. You want the CPU to slow it down and only look for open shots? Decrease all shooting tendencies and the CPU will be more picky on shot selection. Likewise if you increase all shooting tendencies the CPU will be less picky and will throw up shots with reckless abandon.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The tendency sliders directly affect the roster tendency, and the correlation is pretty black and white. You want more 3s? Increase that tendency. You want the CPU to slow it down and only look for open shots? Decrease all shooting tendencies and the CPU will be more picky on shot selection. Likewise if you increase all shooting tendencies the CPU will be less picky and will throw up shots with reckless abandon.
Yea I feel what you're saying bro, I know there's a correlation but not sure how strong. For example, one area that the CPU lacks is the lack of alley-oops thrown. When we jack the slider up to 100 you still don't see a lot of alley-oops. You would think they would be throwing them all over the place. But if you go in the roster at look at each individual's throw alley-oop tendency, some of them are very low. Put them bad boys up to 75 plus and that player will throw some alleys. So in that case, editing the roster will get you "better" results.

And as far as pace, I hope that lowering and jacking up the shooting tendency sliders don't determine pace. That's not sim in my opinion. I want Memphis to play a slower game and golden state to jack up shots. It shouldn't be a one for all approach. People are complaining about the POE not being in this year because editing those tendencies played a very important part to making each individual team different.

To me the tendencies is what makes the game. I just wished they left the slider tendencies that are the same as player out. And put those in the coaching profiles. For example if you play GS their "team" 3pt tendency will be high because that is one of their identities. So any player that comes on that team will have an increase tendency to shoot the three. Same as drive to the basket, mid-range,etc....
Old 09-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #19
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea I feel what you're saying bro, I know there's a correlation but not sure how strong. For example, one area that the CPU lacks is the lack of alley-oops thrown. When we jack the slider up to 100 you still don't see a lot of alley-oops. You would think they would be throwing them all over the place. But if you go in the roster at look at each individual's throw alley-oop tendency, some of them are very low. Put them bad boys up to 75 plus and that player will throw some alleys. So in that case, editing the roster will get you "better" results.

And as far as pace, I hope that lowering and jacking up the shooting tendency sliders don't determine pace. That's not sim in my opinion. I want Memphis to play a slower game and golden state to jack up shots. It shouldn't be a one for all approach. People are complaining about the POE not being in this year because editing those tendencies played a very important part to making each individual team different.

To me the tendencies is what makes the game. I just wished they left the slider tendencies that are the same as player out. And put those in the coaching profiles. For example if you play GS their "team" 3pt tendency will be high because that is one of their identities. So any player that comes on that team will have an increase tendency to shoot the three. Same as drive to the basket, mid-range,etc....

They do have "team tendencies" so different teams will tend to replicate their real-life counterparts. Roster tendencies and slider tendencies all correlate together while team tendencies set the "frame" for how that team will generally play.

Setting tendencies low to slow down the game will still allow the Grizzlies and Warriors to play different styles from each other. They will just slow down in relation to the frame the team tendencies hold them in.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #20
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0
Davon Brown's NBA 2K17 Simulation Settings & Sliders

After testing for a few days I've settled on a base set. The original post has been updated.

- Raised Inside and Contact Shot Success (I couldn't even make a contact layup with LeBron James at 25)
- Lowered Pass Accuracy (adds more unforced turnovers and punishes bad decisions like passing out of shots or into traffic)
- Lowered Throw Alley-Oops (CPU never throws them anyway)

Feedback welcomed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Davon_A_Brown; 09-22-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #21
Rookie

gonna test this one out. thanks for the share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:09 AM   #22
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifacana
gonna test this one out. thanks for the share.

Thank you. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #23
Just started!

Good afternoon, I wanted to know if the sliders apply to my career. Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »