Home

Poke's NBA 2K17 Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on Poke's NBA 2K17 Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #17
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Poke's NBA 2K17 Superstar Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Thank you Poke, I will try them asap.

The game is very good out of the box but the adjustments are needed as always.

By the way could you please tell me if you also have:

- A fair headed guy talking during the huddle every time with every team even though the real coach is there ?

-No roster update as of now. Seraphin, Stephenson do not have a team in the game ?
Yeah the game is very good out of the box. I only made minimal changes. Yes that guy is the assistant coach. They made the game that way. He's not always the same guy though. I have seen a different guy as well. The head coach doesn't speak until going into the 4th qtr.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the effort on these sliders! Quick question: with these sliders, do I leave ACE on or cut it off or does it matter?

Bradshaw, Harris, Swann, Stallworth,
Ham, Lambert, Greenwood, Mean Joe, et al.

Black & Gold, baby!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #19
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerForLife
Thanks for the effort on these sliders! Quick question: with these sliders, do I leave ACE on or cut it off or does it matter?
To be honest I hear a lot of people talking about ACE but I don't even know how to cut it off or turn it on.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #20
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Yeah the game is very good out of the box. I only made minimal changes. Yes that guy is the assistant coach. They made the game that way. He's not always the same guy though. I have seen a different guy as well. The head coach doesn't speak until going into the 4th qtr.
I don't know mine but in my game, everytime I see the same assistant with every team and he always speaks in the huddle, head coach never speaks.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #21
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
To be honest I hear a lot of people talking about ACE but I don't even know how to cut it off or turn it on.
What is ACE ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #22
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

ACE is the adaptive coaching engine, it makes adjustments to how you play, and is supposed to be tied in with difficulty. HOF makes the most adjustments and Rookie makes the least.

For example on rookie you can feed Cousins in the post over and over before they double, if at all. On HOF, they may double right away.

The more i tinker, the more I feel like ACE is tied into offensive and defensive awareness. once you change one slider the difficulty changes into custom, so not sure starting on HOF vs rookie makes a diff if youre adjusting sliders. Some are saying start on HOF before adjusting if you want the full ACE.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
ACE is the adaptive coaching engine, it makes adjustments to how you play, and is supposed to be tied in with difficulty. HOF makes the most adjustments and Rookie makes the least.

For example on rookie you can feed Cousins in the post over and over before they double, if at all. On HOF, they may double right away.

The more i tinker, the more I feel like ACE is tied into offensive and defensive awareness. once you change one slider the difficulty changes into custom, so not sure starting on HOF vs rookie makes a diff if youre adjusting sliders. Some are saying start on HOF before adjusting if you want the full ACE.
I made a video explaining what i saw during testing. ACE is definitely tied into the offensive and defensive awareness sliders Regardless of what Scott Mike wang and czar says (No disrespect at all, cool dudes). The offensive and defensive awareness is set to 65 on HOF, 60 on superstar, 50 on allstar, 30 on pro, and 10 on rookie. That's where the cpu's basketball IQ differs, Basically the difficulty level presets are made up by the sliders. It doesn't matter what preset difficulty you start editing on. Everything depends on where your set the sliders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udRhG126PYs

Last edited by Dione2014; 09-22-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 AM   #24
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke

Thanks for the info.

I tried Manual coaching 2 games yesterday. There are lots of details to adjust this time which is good. But I would need time to test and see what's good.

I'd go with Manual ACE in the long term because there is a particular defensive system that I like to use and I don't want the AI to do it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »