Home

TC's Stat Based Sliders

This is a discussion on TC's Stat Based Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #17
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TC's Stat Based Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell31
Super slide set! I input these last night and almost literally got a tear in my eye: This console generation of the game is fantastic but not without it's frustrations as the developers work the kinks out. Default sliders make the game "over powering" at times: One slip of a defensive rotation, or a couple ill advised shots, and the CPU's momentum snowballs out of control, turning a six point deficit into fourteen. I've played 2K since 2006 but find myself struggling to learn 2K15 and 2K16. I've done a lot of cursing at 2K15 and 2K16 for the lack of human error on the part of the AI.

As noted in previous posts, the somewhat unrealistic unforced error animations for both teams are a little hard to stomach for me as a basketball junkie. However, strategically they are needed. Offensively, they force me to slow down and make good high percentage passes. Defensively, a few times I believe I've forced bad passes through positioning in the passing lane: That's as good as a steal. Execution is the only way to game-plan for unforced errors.

We should ask the devs for better unforced error animations for 2K17. All of us should research YouTube for reference examples the devs can use.

TC, with all the testing, Twitching, and recording your results here with explanations, the least I can do to help is take 2 minutes to "play" the "slider game" and input the sliders myself.

Appreciate what you're doing.

Trust me they are hard for me to stomach as well because they can be so ugly at times. If the passes were being tipped by the computer and then going out of bounds, or something more realistic like that, then it would be fine. With that being said I still dont mind seeing one or two passes for each team where you're just shaking your head, because you actually do see this in the real NBA, they just look so bad sometimes in this game. Ill be doing some testing with pass on 38/39 as posted before. As soon as I see more than a few ridiculous passes in a single game, I'll up both sides by 1 until I get what I want, I have a feeling 38/39 will be good because 37/38 was very close but far from perfect. Then again we may never achieve perfection just keep that in mind, because we may have to compromise somewhere along the way. Either no non steal turnovers or really ugly ones. I definitely prefer the latter because I'm a stat junkie, but I'm hoping we dont have to come to that point. At the end of the day though its all personal preference, if you prefer a little cleaner game with fewer turnovers and more shots, then anything above 40/40 should probably work.

Streaming live at--

http://www.twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 10-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #18
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Really like passing at USER/CPU 37/39

For one you dont see any inbounds after baskets off line anymore. Also side out inbounds are much better. I should have said before that on side outs I only play with the guy guarding the ball and just put his hands straight up with the right stick. If you're trying to steal these inbound passes it really messes the CPU up for some reason.

I'm also going to up USER shooting foul by 3 to 79

Celtics (me) -- STAT -- Hawks (cpu)
97 -- Final -- 108
36/83 (43%) -- FG -- 42/84(50%)
6/25 (24%) -- 3pt -- 12/28 (43%)
19/24 (78%) -- FT -- 12/19 (63%)
42 -- PIP -- 50
38 (10) -- Reb. (Off.) -- 51 (13)
8 -- Steals -- 6
5 -- Blocks -- 4
9 -- Turnovers -- 13

Last edited by tc020791; 10-03-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #19
Banned

shaunhill18's Arena

OVR: 0

these work cpu vs cpu
Old 10-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #20
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Haven't tried CPU vs CPU

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

This slider set seems very very promising. Going to play some games later when I get back from work and post my results here.
Your stats are the most realistic I have seen so far.
Let's see

PS: What roster are you all using with these sliders? Default 2k16? Also, one thing about fouls if I may. Blocking fouls and charging fouls I believe should be upped to 100 for both the user and the cpu. Not many of them are called anyway.

Swiftkeyed from my Renovated HTC One M8

Last edited by DanteGR; 10-05-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteGR
This slider set seems very very promising. Going to play some games later when I get back from work and post my results here.
Your stats are the most realistic I have seen so far.
Let's see

PS: What roster are you all using with these sliders? Default 2k16? Also, one thing about fouls if I may. Blocking fouls and charging fouls I believe should be upped to 100 for both the user and the cpu. Not many of them are called anyway.

Dante--

Cant wait to see the results you get as I believe I'm getting close to a Final Version but I need more feedback from guys like you. As far as rosters go, right now I'm just using the default 2k ones. The thing with blocking/charging was that though I still almost never see a charge at 100, when I put blocking above 80 I absolutely never see one.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Dante--

Cant wait to see the results you get as I believe I'm getting close to a Final Version but I need more feedback from guys like you. As far as rosters go, right now I'm just using the default 2k ones. The thing with blocking/charging was that though I still almost never see a charge at 100, when I put blocking above 80 I absolutely never see one.
Well first game was a bit of a disaster to tell you the truth. Most stats came out pretty good but the cpu was trying to get inside the paint in EVERY possession and ended up having 66 pip.
Anyway we can confront that?
Other than that it was a great experience!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 3

If i can remember right i used your sliders on 2k13 or something like that and they were straight up amazing.. I will try these out asap

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »