Home

What needs to be fixed?

This is a discussion on What needs to be fixed? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What needs to be fixed?

Trying to get a consensus of what needs to be addressed for a slider set/roster. What overall issues are you all seeing?

I'm seeing that there aren't enough 3pt attempts overall, not enough offensive rebounds and lack of variety of fouls(legacy issue think this is the engine and likely not fixable).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What needs to be fixed?

Also, I have upped fatigue to 65 for both user and CPU. Seems to work good there. I also lowered CPU on-ball defense to 45 to try and make the CPU less sticky. Not sure how I like it so far.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinntu
Trying to get a consensus of what needs to be addressed for a slider set/roster. What overall issues are you all seeing?

I'm seeing that there aren't enough 3pt attempts overall, not enough offensive rebounds and lack of variety of fouls(legacy issue think this is the engine and likely not fixable).

Offensive rebounds big time I have played sever games where I shoot like 39% and had like 1-3 offensive rebounds and that was it. Also CPU doesn't turn the ball over enough but that has been an issue for years. I do think some of these things can be improved with sliders though. I agree that there are not enough fouls but it is better on default then last year was on default. I have had some games with like 25 free throws on default sim. What I would like to see going forward is more away from the ball fouls. There are like none in the game and a lot in real life. Also to often you get bump when you have the ball and don't get a call that would be a foul in real life.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Truthfully a lot of the issues in the past could be fixed but it required HEAVY edits. The only things that couldn't really be fixed before were things directly based on animation triggers like blocked shots and fouls but this year things seem a lot better. For example I cranked some stuff up for observation like attack, blocking and contest shots up and Dwight had 7 blocks and 15 fta by himself in a cpu v cpu game and it was amazing, first time I've seen the cpu capable of that so I'm excited about the potential for improved realism in the gameplay.

Last edited by jinntu; 09-27-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Lack of Fatigue- Ive upped both of mine to 90.

Lack of offensive rebounds- Ive put defensive rebounding attrbute way down.

Slightly upped CPU's 3 point tendency.

Lack of CPU bigs blocking shots. Better than last year but still not where it needs to be. Ill up blocking and contest shot tendency.

Lack of CPU turnovers. Ill max out my hands attribute, play passing lane tendencies, up my steal ratings. I miight lower reach in fouls to allow myself to hit steal more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

The reaction time on defense is so bad, I don't know why they added this as a new attribute, because cpu offense players making a drive towards the rim, and even if I shutdown the player, I still can't keep up with the cpu...
Also obviously everyone knows the cpu defense is like glue, I even had a play in my career where I get a double screen, but the defender still got me
Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
The reaction time on defense is so bad, I don't know why they added this as a new attribute, because cpu offense players making a drive towards the rim, and even if I shutdown the player, I still can't keep up with the cpu...
Also obviously everyone knows the cpu defense is like glue, I even had a play in my career where I get a double screen, but the defender still got me
Practice..practice..practice!!!!

What you are describing I'm not having those issues because I put a considerable amount of time in scrimmage mode.....
It seems like people want to just jump in before actually learning how to play bball.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Practice..practice..practice!!!!

What you are describing I'm not having those issues because I put a considerable amount of time in scrimmage mode.....
It seems like people want to just jump in before actually learning how to play bball.
But not everyone are simheads, I am a simhead myself, but still it's very unrealistic, and look at all the videos by OSers that showing clearly the cpu on ball D is broken, you can practice how much you want, but if jose calderon is defending me on mycareer, and going thru 2 picks, still to stop me from driving for an easy bucket, that is broken.
If everyone is "complaining" about it, there's probably something wrong with it, same as fouls last year, same as post patch 4 last year

Last edited by DatIsraeliGuy; 09-29-2015 at 10:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »