Home

Not enough reach-ins from the CPU

This is a discussion on Not enough reach-ins from the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not enough reach-ins from the CPU

Any one else seeing this issue?

I mean when you're playing and bigs/players with really low steal stat attempt a steal on you and pokes the ball loose even though you're having 80+ ball control. Meanwhile, you can't poke the ball loose without fouling with 80+ steal and 60-70 ball control.

And when you poke the ball loose, it always fly to the opponent for an easy basket.

I'm at wits end here. What sliders can I change to even the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Not enough reach-ins from the CPU

well if you regard it as solely an issue with the ai i would change the following two sliders:

AI Reach in foul tendency. Bring this to 65 and go from there. I commit a good amount of reach-in myself and my slider is at 55.

AI On-Ball steal tendency. Don't bring this up too high unless you want A LOT of easy paths to the basket. Lets try 60 to start and we'll work from there.

As a note. Both human and AI sliders for ball control are 55 for me. I also individually increased EVERY big man's ball control rating by varying degrees.

I think i've found a nice balance. I wouldn't mind an extra steal or two per game though to balance out the stats

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 12-29-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
well if you regard it as solely an issue with the ai i would change the following two sliders:

AI Reach in foul tendency. Bring this to 65 and go from there. I commit a good amount of reach-in myself and my slider is at 55.

AI On-Ball steal tendency. Don't bring this up too high unless you want A LOT of easy paths to the basket. Lets try 60 to start and we'll work from there.

As a note. Both human and AI sliders for ball control are 55 for me. I also individually increased EVERY big man's ball control rating by varying degrees.

I think i've found a nice balance. I wouldn't mind an extra steal or two per game though to balance out the stats
The problem I have is that the AI is extremely cheesy when it comes to steal attempts. Even with low steal ratings, their steal/foul ratio is extremely high.

Ball control is also broken in the sense that you as a player can always get the ball knocked into someone's body and lose it, but it just doesn't happen for the AI.

Then there's also the suction effect where the AI always get the advantage in loose ball pick ups because their hands vacuums up the ball.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
The problem I have is that the AI is extremely cheesy when it comes to steal attempts. Even with low steal ratings, their steal/foul ratio is extremely high.

Ball control is also broken in the sense that you as a player can always get the ball knocked into someone's body and lose it, but it just doesn't happen for the AI.

Then there's also the suction effect where the AI always get the advantage in loose ball pick ups because their hands vacuums up the ball.

ok, In regards to the first bit, lets just try coupling those slider edits while at the same time raising the CPU Reach-in foul slider to 75 or 80. depending on how extreme you view the difference, perhaps reach-in on 100 and work backwards from there.

The ball control issue is a human one IMO. The AI simply does not attempt the moves that lose people like us control of the ball. This years collision detection is not their best effort but its serviceable and nowhere near as bad as 2k13

The human also has that 'vacuum' pickup, im not sure why it doesnt activate often if at all for you.

But yeah, raising the reach in slider to 75-80 should result in 2-4 ai reach in calls per game. I guarente one of them will be a big reachin on another big tho, which is rare nowadays
Old 12-30-2014, 02:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
ok, In regards to the first bit, lets just try coupling those slider edits while at the same time raising the CPU Reach-in foul slider to 75 or 80. depending on how extreme you view the difference, perhaps reach-in on 100 and work backwards from there.

The ball control issue is a human one IMO. The AI simply does not attempt the moves that lose people like us control of the ball. This years collision detection is not their best effort but its serviceable and nowhere near as bad as 2k13

The human also has that 'vacuum' pickup, im not sure why it doesnt activate often if at all for you.

But yeah, raising the reach in slider to 75-80 should result in 2-4 ai reach in calls per game. I guarente one of them will be a big reachin on another big tho, which is rare nowadays
I've had games where I'm just turboing and suddenly loses the ball.

I'm especially prone to losing the ball on dribble after a rebound, where I try to turbo out of the 3 second zone. I'm not that inept to know that you shouldn't attempt certain dribble moves in the crowded paint.

Though I still see the CPU do it now and then, with really no penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Use Poke's sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »