Home

Help D Strength

This is a discussion on Help D Strength within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Help D Strength

Does anyone know exactly how this works? It seems like it does allow the D to rotate better, but I always thought D rotation was more tied in with D Awareness. What I can't figure it out is if it actually effects the help D "strength" like it says and just causes weaker rotations as in more fouls from backside help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Help D Strength

If you want check out my slider sets I have great game play, I have help d strength for both human and computer all help d strength is , is better at double teams when they do double team , and helping on picks and screens that's it defense awareness is everything else which I have At 57 , but you can check my sliders if you want on the main page gameplay is awesome , I play on allstar
Old 11-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Banned

Help d stength at 60 sorry both him and com
Old 11-06-2014, 03:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

all the way to 100, max them all out
Old 11-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
Banned

No way maxing them out leaves way to many guys open and play becomes cluttered and no spacing 60 is perfect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

For a long time, I liked help defense at 100, but now I'm liking 25.

Defenders still come and help, but you won't see three and four guys in front of the ball handler; each defender appears to stay with his assignment better. Ball movement seems better, and there seems to be more space to work with in the offensive zone.

I also think having help defense too high creates that "smother" like animation, and makes the CPU more reluctant to shoot the three.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
Banned

Clon I totally agreed with you, also clon can you tell me under tendencies close and inside shots does that mean actually shot they take in the paint? Regardless if it's a post shot attack basket etc I'm finding it hard to find a good number for close and inside , I find guards forcing there way in the paint and over dribbling and then either force the shot or eventually pass it but it's seems cluttered
Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #8
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather77
Clon I totally agreed with you, also clon can you tell me under tendencies close and inside shots does that mean actually shot they take in the paint? Regardless if it's a post shot attack basket etc I'm finding it hard to find a good number for close and inside , I find guards forcing there way in the paint and over dribbling and then either force the shot or eventually pass it but it's seems cluttered
I have found that raising the inside shot and close shot tendencies causes players to force their way into the paint, rather robotically in fact.

If you want players to attack the basket more off the dribble, raise the attack the basket tendency. If you want forwards and centers to get more touches and shots, raise the post shot and feed post tendencies.

I have been leaving the inside and close shot tendencies at 0, and think that is ideal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »