Home

Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

Here's why this is an amazing game. Every time I feel like the sliders are easy with me being Memphis playing against the hornets they find a way to export a mismatch and make the game competitive.

Same thing on the other side! Zeller on Zach is a mismatch and I love it!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #18
Banned

CPU will make runs nicely people really need to remember the NBA's about runs and this game plays perfect for that and pro sliders play to runs without feeling like it's cheating you
Old 10-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
Banned

The movement CPU stops adjusting than its too easy

I played my first game with these and thought it might be too easy

Started playing dumb and it's a 3 point game late

Memphis vs Hornets

As a basketball coach is real life I love the adjustments, runs etc

The harder the setting the more the game imo cheats you 😇
Old 10-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

How many fouls and free throws are people getting with these sliders? And are the CPU attempting enough three's?

Those are the only two things bothering me at the moment.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed21
How many fouls and free throws are people getting with these sliders? And are the CPU attempting enough three's?

Those are the only two things bothering me at the moment.
Those are really the two most focused area's for me right now as well.

I am also testing fatigue rate as I want you to have to make smart sub decisions.

These sliders are designed for those that have a real coaching/adjustment mentality. The coaching options 2K has given us are second to none. Truly awesome.

If you try to just iso and improvise and not run set plays.....you will be roasted.

If you have a CPU player on a run and you don't adjust his individual defensive settings....you will be roasted.

I played my first game of MyLeague vs the Wizards and Wall and nene were killing me (I am the Heat of course) I switched up Bosh for McRoberts, and had Birdman play some extended minutes in the 4th quarter...and Bosh shut him down. I had Wall doubled at the perimeter and had smother on off ball....I finally slowed him down and was able to eek out a 96-93 win at home after being behind as much as 9 in the 4th quarter.

It's all about maikign adjustments and trying to regain the tempo you want. Also as always basketball is a game of match-ups. Once you recognize the CPU's attempts at exploiting their advantage in any particular match-up the better chance you have at victory.

Now sometimes you can make all the adjustments you want...but if your shooting cold and your simply over matched....well...that's basketball. Sometimes you will get lucky and get hot and the CPU goes cold.

No two games are going to play alike on 2K15....it's a thing of beauty. Couple that with a set of sliders that fit your particular stick skills and you are in sports video game heaven.

Anyway.....I am still working through this set and I am sure within 2-3 weeks we will be pretty much set in the values I want to get the kind of game I like to play. It is a matter of does your skill level and approach match or is similar to mine.

And then tweak from there.

I have very little doubt these will be too easy for a lot of veterans of this series who have far better stick skills and a better working knowledge of basketball than me.

This set is specifically designed for niche player of the 2K series.

So if it is too easy and by that I mean your just a god and blowing out teams on a nightly basis after say 10-12 games.....it's ok...move on to a tougher set.

Pro/Sim/default was too hard for me. That's why I created these off that base.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-15-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Armor & Swords -

You should definitely do some NBA 2K15 Twitch broadcasts with your season. Would have been great to see your Wizards-Heat matchup! This game truly amazes me each day with the amount of 'on-court' knowledge you need to have to succeed in this game! I, like you, am not at my peak, stick skills wise these days...Job, 2 kids, and one on the way....Just don't have the time or commitment. But in quoting the words of the legendary Czar, I truly believe that we have to follow his saying... "Don't play videogames, play basketball" ...

Lookin' forward to seeing your future broadcasts and commentary!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
Rookie

BBDuke's Arena

Hey A&S, after sifting around the forums for a while trying to find a slider set, I decided to give this one a try. I've been a 2k player since 2K7, and every year I've always opted to find a Pro set as opposed to an All-Star set, due to the gimmicky feel of All-Star (usually, at least).

I started off my Franchise with the Bucks, as Jabari intrigues me! First game against the Hornets, and immediately I felt the difference that the slider set made as opposed to using the default 2k sim set I was using in a previously test run franchise. The game was neck and neck the entire time, but I managed to pull away 8 points in the fourth quarter, only to suffer a defensive lapse on Kemba Walker in the last 7 minutes. This led to a Hornets comeback and an eventual go-ahead 3 pointer from Henderson. I shot poorly with Jabari the entire game, but brushed it off and decided to set up a final play with the 11 seconds I had left at the end, hoping to tie it up instead of going for a quick two. Alas, the 3 clanked off the left side of the rim, but Henson was under it to grab the offensive, but it was too late.

I ended up losing 108-105. The game score would have been quite a bit lower had I not heavily emphasized my bench in the 4th quarter, leading to some fresh legs and that nice run. What I loved was that the CPU actually did the same thing. I was consistently having to try different defensive scenarios against Walker and Jefferson specifically. The FG taken, along with the TO's were closer to real life than any slider set I've used in any of the past 2k's. The only thing I'm finding so far is that the field goal percentages (not the 3P%) was a bit high for both sides, but I've only play one game so far, so that is probably a fluke with my lack of knowledge with the bucks on defense, and me setting up a few too many plays for clean and easy buckets.

Best of all, that was only one game. If the rest are as fun and exciting as that one, I'll be sticking with this set the entire way. I'll also be posting updates in this thread as I continue to use the set.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #24
Rookie

TheGreenEYEDBandit's Arena

Hey A&S, do you know anyone making roster updates (uniforms, missing players, gear, numbers, etc.) and draft classes? If so, could you post their OS threads or names so we can get them.

I'm sure these sliders are great, I used the madden sliders and have not looked back...my season is awesome!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »