Home

Tendencies question?

This is a discussion on Tendencies question? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tendencies question?

Will you be posting your sliders/settings in the new thread or can you post in this one. Im curious to see your settings, ever since the latest patch the CPU offense now shoots off the dribble or will pull up in your face alot more now, which is good but, it seems like the CPU runs less offensive sets, and won't go to the high post or low post players. Been trying to figure out what to change to correct this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Will you be posting your sliders/settings in the new thread or can you post in this one. Im curious to see your settings, ever since the latest patch the CPU offense now shoots off the dribble or will pull up in your face alot more now, which is good but, it seems like the CPU runs less offensive sets, and won't go to the high post or low post players. Been trying to figure out what to change to correct this.
this above...i would like to know also
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
this above...i would like to know also
Gonna post the thread tonight. Gonna start uploading all these vids to YT now

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 04-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

What is the purpose of shooting tendenies for the user? Don't you control where you shoot from already ?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #29
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Weird... In my games the CPU is shooting more 3's than I am. They're also shooting a ton of midrange pull-ups and shooting J's off picks. The only thing still lacking is utilization of post moves. I have the following for the CPU tendencies:

Inside Shots: 10
Close Shots: 10
Mid-Range: 90
3PT: 80
Post Shots: 65
Attack Basket: 10
Look For Post: 65

I've just played 3 games today, w/GSW vs OKC, POR vs HOU & OKC vs NYK. KD is just pulling if you go under the screen and if there's any daylight on drives. Harden is attacking off screens but I saw some pull-ups and even a step-back into a 3. JR Smith and Melo are working from the perimeter. PIP has consistently been around 40% of their pts.

I just need them to go to the post more with a player like LeBron or Melo, more high post stuff.

VZW NIII

You may want to try raising your look for post players tendency to a level that is equal to or close to your highest shot tendency setting which is in your case MR @ 90. If your Look for Post is considerably lower than your other shooting Tendencies you may see guys post up but the a.i. may never throw them the ball. If you want them shooting more from the post I'd put post shots tendency at a figure equal to your 2nd highest shot tendency (in your case 3pt @ 80) or in between your 1st and 2nd highest (85). See if that helps..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 06-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »