Home

Fouls Slider Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Fouls Slider Suggestions? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Fouls Slider Suggestions?

I'm 8 games into MyGM and to my excitement most of my stats look really good except for User and CPU fouls; along with the stats directly related to that.

I'm averaging around 10 free throw attempts per game, giving up around 12. Overall fouls per game are also way down on both sides. Essentially, my fouls given and received - as well as freethrow attempts - need to be pretty much doubled.

I'm playing on Pro Simulation, PS4, un-patched, and was considering raising them all by +10. But then I noticed some of them are already pretty high. Any suggestions? Here's what I'm currently using:

Over the back 60
Charge 50
Blocking 50
Reaching 80
Shooting 85
Loose ball 60

Is plus 10 all around too much? Not enough? Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fouls Slider Suggestions?

Raise defensive sliders (preferably 100), lower On Ball Defense to 50, Fatigue Rate 57, increase Help Defense Strength to 75.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Raise defensive sliders (preferably 100), lower On Ball Defense to 50, Fatigue Rate 57, increase Help Defense Strength to 75.
I appreciate the suggestion but I'd really rather not delve into the slidering mindset. The game plays excellent based on my ability out of the box and slideritis is something I really want to avoid. Haven't had it in years but fouls definitely need to be addressed here.

I think I'd rather go directly to the source first.

Will adjusting only the fouls sliders not do anything? Are they pretty weak or ineffective?

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-22-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
Pro

I have found adjusting the foul sliders improves the game a great deal. Proper amount of fouls for each team. They are not dependant on any other sliders from my experience.Try these foul settings and let me know what you think...Should produce 3-7 team fouls per quarter Over the back 100 Charge 100 Blocking 80 (illegal picks will be called at this setting) Reaching 85 (prevents from constant steals...must be good at stealing, or get called for the foul) Shooting 83 Loose ball 100

Last edited by Fcshuckers73; 01-22-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
I have found adjusting the foul sliders improves the game a great deal. Proper amount of fouls for each team. They are not dependant on any other sliders from my experience.Try these foul settings and let me know what you think...Should produce 3-7 team fouls per quarter Over the back 100 Charge 100 Blocking 80 (illegal picks will be called at this setting) Reaching 85 (prevents from constant steals...must be good at stealing, or get called for the foul) Shooting 83 Loose ball 100
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
Pro

OK...Let me know how it works for your playing style. What sliders are you using? Out of the box default All Star everything?
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
OK...Let me know how it works for your playing style. What sliders are you using? Out of the box default All Star everything?
Default Pro Simulation. Real FG%. Auto Plays/Auto Subs/Auto everything you could imagine.

I'm new to the series and like to have as little human interaction as possible in my sports games. I know the game is a mess, but offline totally, I'm in sports gaming Heaven! 2K14 is phenomenal and statistically very sound even without patches.

I'd imagine as I get better I'll probably land on All-Star. But not any time soon. 4-4 with OKC. Got blown out last night against GS but just recently hammered PHX.

Games are all over the place. In a good way. Fingers crossed I don't get a file corruption!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
MVP

Side note...

Why on Earth does this thread have almost 170 views already? It wasn't me, I swear! Are the view counts broken?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »