Home

The logic behind my 2k14 sliders

This is a discussion on The logic behind my 2k14 sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
The logic behind my 2k14 sliders

Im planning to get the One version at launch. I'll probably get a PS 4 on the first price drop. I had a my 360s stolen in 2012. I been playing Wii, PS 3 and PC games. I simply miss the Xbox brand. So Id appreciate if someone tries these sliders on the PS 4.

Ive played this series since the first on the Dreamcast and 2k14 if nothing else provides the most realistic experience to date. I believe in changing sliders as you go along and the rosters/ratings have gone from terrible to poor then to just lazy or low priority so if Id love to help with rosters. I like athletic ratings. You wont have to exaggerate verticals with NG wingspans.

Sliders
Allstar User/CPU are the same

Inside shot 44
Close shot 44
Mid range shot 46
3pt shot 47
Layup Success 47
Dunk in traffic frequency 50
Dunk in traffic success 50
I get realistic percentages, and points in the paint though the Trail Blazers are trying to evolve into a team that isnt dead last in offensive and defensive point in the paint in real life and I havent juiced my team like I probably should but then most teams are underrated.

The overall player rating is largely superficial but not to the point where Chauncey Billups has 10 points on Patrick Beverly. That alone will tell you Visual Concepts gives two damns about the ratings. Ironic considering this is the most realistic basketball game ever made. So I urge you all to download rosters and get to know the roster editors.

Put me in the camp that believes the missed open shots are indeed realistic... at least with these sliders. If you look at synergy numbers and watch the game you know that everyone misses 25% or more of open 15+ers and even people who miss 60% are allowed to shoot the inefficient long two.

Pass Accuracy 48 Some issues here. The game really doesnt gauge difficult well but it beats 2k13. At 48 you see a lot of miscommunication turnovers and homeruns arent accurate. Thats good. The problem is the passing is amateurish. It starts with the crap ratings. Batum still has a 48. Centers struggle to make a fundamental crisp NBA chest pass but if raised their rating would throw QB passes. You have a similar flaw with lobs. Batum cant throw a dunked lob to Leonard Meyers on the fast break. The difference between dunked and not dunked is too great while the difference between perfect accuracy and a shank could use more randomness; and a higher median. The shot ratings in 2k14 are much better than the pass ratings.

Ally-opp success 48
Just to bound the elites. Really its all you can do. You cant raise the median without creating creating something the elites can exploit. I need to find a rating where a Batum to Leonard fastbreak lob has a success rate that looks like
58% successful dunk
7% missed dunk

8% successful layup
7% catch
8% misses layup

2% catch and travel
5% bad pass cant catch
5% bad pass not even close

Contact shot success 39
Im surprised they make as many as they do.

Driving Contact 80
Inside Contact 80
These were both 100 im obviously a sim head however Im noticing that a reduction doesnt equate to more clipping but less fouls.

Layup Defense take off 58
Layup Defense release 65
The release is more of a bother but having someone swipe as you go up should bother more so both get a raise.

Jumpshot Str Gather 58
Jumshot release 54

The default is flipped so my logic is flipped with jumpshots though the principle still remains.

Help Defense Str 50
I dont think its that weak. Its just clumsy. Rotates well though.

Steal success 48
I wish it was better for passing than onball but you cant separate. Well kinda.

Quickness 41
Less jitters

Vert 46
You can tell by how they block shots and those replays that measure them.

Srength 60
Dont know at all if this matters. I know the rating is clueless.

Stamina 52
The rating have too much back end variation. Nobody should be below a 75 and the average should probably be an 87.

Durability 47
Hustle 63
Bigs are still late to jump but they dive.

Ball handling 50
Hands 46 I wish they were better in rebounding but worse on long passes. This is a game where guys routinely pull passes down like NFL WRs but fumbl rebounds at a high rate. So again I lower it to stop cherry picking and cheese pass but it screws with the rebounding.

Dunking 50
Onball defense 54
I had to boost it after a 32 point half by Lillard. Lillard is now Lillard.

Stealing 55
I boost it so they will go after passes better. The pass defense is still weak especially near the hoop. Its been a sore spot since 2k9.

Blocking 47
I't's weird little guys still get blocks in bunches but they also have 0 block games so while the average is a little high it seems to progressively decrease.

Off Awareness 55
Def Awareness 57
Dont know what they do. I know if its too high they wont fall for pump fakes and they will snatch blocked shots out of the air with lighting reflexes. I try to keep them from staring at loose balls, but I dont want them to turn into heat seeking missiles.

Defensive rebounding 55
Offensive rebounding 55
Again trying to get everyone making a decent effort without the elites going ballistic. The rosters bring this one down. It doesnt factor advanced stats and boxing out like it should.

Consistency 50
I like the game's mood swings. It might piss you off but its the NBA. Lillard played five Allstar level games before going 1-13 in real life and he will do it in 2k14.

Injury 50
Injury 50
These Tendencies are just for the CPU
Take Inside 50
Take Close 52
Take Mid 57
Take 3 53
Post Shot 53
Attack Basket 47
They still attack the basket a lot. You have to defend that rim to bring them down. That Basketball 101 though some guys should be more chuckish. That is more of a global tendency problem.

Look for Post Players 50
Throw Alley Opp 48

Attempt Dunk 52

User and CPU
These are for your CPU guys too

Attempt Putbacks 65
Play Passing Lanes 60
Go for onball steals 42
Contest shots 48
Backdoor cuts 45
Fouls

Over the back 72
Charging 69 This one is broken. Maybe global tendencies can change this but guys will not step to take chargers near the paint. They might once every 40 minutes but its still likely to be called a block. You raise it too much and its too easy to draw perimeter charges on the CPU. Ugghhh 2k7 had better charges.

Blocking 57
Reaching 70
Shooting 57
Loose ball fouls 74 might as welll make this a 100. Still not seeing it enough.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: The logic behind my 2k14 sliders

Seems like 2K needs more stats, like Live 14 (based on what they had for Live 10) will have.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Seems like 2K needs more stats, like Live 14 (based on what they had for Live 10) will have.
Yeah it could use a few. First things first. Fix the ratings that they already have and hire a real roster editor to do the updates.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Yeah it could use a few. First things first. Fix the ratings that they already have and hire a real roster editor to do the updates.
Tomba was saying that sliders aren't saving correctly.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

These sliders are by far the best out and should be atleast used as a base

No more having 100 points by halftime. The only issue I'm still having is the rebounding is soooooooooo bad.. My players seem to not even try..

Any updates or ideas?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Tomba was saying that sliders aren't saving correctly.
Its true ive posted in the bugs list and now patch list

This is arguably the worse thing in the game for me
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Which sliders effect the cpu diving for every pass i make i feel like i'm playing 5 Cornerbacks out there.. They bat down or swipe nearly every pass i make..

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
These sliders are by far the best out and should be atleast used as a base

No more having 100 points by halftime. The only issue I'm still having is the rebounding is soooooooooo bad.. My players seem to not even try..

Any updates or ideas?

Thanks!
Thank you. I was going for something that would serve more as a base to help neutralize some of the issues. The CPU is a little weak but that's because they are even with equal ratings on Allstar. Its also hard for me to judge the rebounding since I use the Trail Blazers so much and their defensive rebound ratings are poor. Lopez has a 43 and Freeland hasnt recieved a ratings boost yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny123123
Which sliders effect the cpu diving for every pass i make i feel like i'm playing 5 Cornerbacks out there.. They bat down or swipe nearly every pass i make..

Thanks!
I turn up their steal rating while keeping steal success even and I also increase their passing lane tendancies. This is to help with what I consider the worse thing about CPU defense which is pass defense. So it does result in some awesome dive defelctions but you can avoid that by watching their momentum. They typically wont make those plays if they are moving in the oposite direction or slowed from fighting off a pick. Offball screens are the engine to a good offense in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »