Home

I Think MOVEMENT Sliders are totally BROKEN in HOF this year

This is a discussion on I Think MOVEMENT Sliders are totally BROKEN in HOF this year within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2024, 06:50 PM   #1
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3
(FOUND A SOLUTION) I Think MOVEMENT Sliders are totally BROKEN in HOF this year

I think the speed of the game is completely broken! I'm testing it in the HOF, with Jordan's Bulls. Jordan has 88 SPEED WITH BALL, Ellis, Jordan defender (Bucks) have 74 SPEED WITHOUT THE BALL.

I've been testing it all afternoon, in 99% of the attempts, I can't cut Ellis and win in speed, it's basically impossible. The only way to dribble is by making cuts/crossovers, this is not realistic, Jordan was not a dribbling player but a explosive/speed one.

I put, CPU SPEED, AGILITY, ON BALL DEFENSE TO ZERO! In effect, Ellis always got ahead of Jordan.

Last edited by Lagoa; 09-21-2024 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2024, 08:35 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I Think MOVEMENT Sliders are totally BROKEN in HOF this year

It’s not broken, the defense is just OP because HOF gives them artificial boosts. Set the Speed, Agility, Strength, and On Ball Defense sliders for the CPU to a value 5 below the User. 2K always boosts the CPU on higher difficulties, so you just need to offset that boost with sliders.

Also if you’re just trying to run by a defender without doing any setup moves, it’s not going to work out too well as 2K removed the Blow By badge this year. Not sure if Strong Handles or any of the other dribble badges incorporate the features of Blow By, nor am I sure what badges MJ has (though I assume all of the non-Kyrie style dribble badges are high ranked on MJ), so someone more knowledgeable of the badge system could chime in with that info if they have it.

But yea, try setting those sliders 5 lower for the CPU and the game should open up quite a bit for you.
Old 09-19-2024, 03:07 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It’s not broken, the defense is just OP because HOF gives them artificial boosts. Set the Speed, Agility, Strength, and On Ball Defense sliders for the CPU to a value 5 below the User. 2K always boosts the CPU on higher difficulties, so you just need to offset that boost with sliders.

Also if you’re just trying to run by a defender without doing any setup moves, it’s not going to work out too well as 2K removed the Blow By badge this year. Not sure if Strong Handles or any of the other dribble badges incorporate the features of Blow By, nor am I sure what badges MJ has (though I assume all of the non-Kyrie style dribble badges are high ranked on MJ), so someone more knowledgeable of the badge system could chime in with that info if they have it.

But yea, try setting those sliders 5 lower for the CPU and the game should open up quite a bit for you.
Maybe lightning launch might help?

Old 09-19-2024, 09:59 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Maybe lightning launch might help?

It absolutely does. In my current MyNBA save I gave every player a +1 to the Lightning Launch badge, makes offense more dangerous and fluid while still allowing me to tweak the defense however is needed.

Though it doesn’t help in the way the Blow-By badge did last year, as the Lightning Launch badge seemingly just increases your Speed with Ball. So it makes it easier to get to the side of a defender to stop a cutoff animation, but it doesn’t trigger a simply blow by animation just for walking into a defender that doesn’t have Clamps like in 24.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-19-2024 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2024, 02:50 AM   #5
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Just don't play HOF, it's unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2024, 06:55 PM   #6
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

On HOF its totally broke... this type of play happens all the time...

Jordan is more than 15 up then Harper... Sliders is:

Speed: +10 USER
Agility: + 10 USER
On-Ball Defense 15

All Defense Sliders for CPU is 10!!!! It doesn't matter if I change or not, the opponent is always ahead of his marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4R2XVAoYHw
Old 09-20-2024, 11:48 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
On HOF its totally broke... this type of play happens all the time...

Jordan is more than 15 up then Harper... Sliders is:

Speed: +10 USER
Agility: + 10 USER
On-Ball Defense 15

All Defense Sliders for CPU is 10!!!! It doesn't matter if I change or not, the opponent is always ahead of his marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4R2XVAoYHw

+10 USER for Speed/Agility won’t do anything. Speed and Agility are not factored in to movement when dribbling with the ball, only Speed with Ball and relevant badges are taken into account. You need to reduce Speed/Agility for the CPU because HOF boosts their attributes, and Speed/Agility are what controls movement WITHOUT the ball in your hands.

So again, reduce CPU attributes instead of raising them for the user. I’d also recommend reducing Strength as well. -5 for the CPU in these categories seems to do the trick, at least in Modern Era gameplay. I’ve only played a couple games outside of the modern era, in the 2002 Kobe Era, and I did notice that even with my slider adjustments there were FAR more cutoffs and brick walls than you will get in the modern era, so there may be roster or other hard-coded issues in play that further boost CPU cutoffs in older eras (probably to simulate the more aggressive on-ball defense).

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-20-2024 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2024, 01:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
+10 USER for Speed/Agility won’t do anything. Speed and Agility are not factored in to movement when dribbling with the ball, only Speed with Ball and relevant badges are taken into account. You need to reduce Speed/Agility for the CPU because HOF boosts their attributes, and Speed/Agility are what controls movement WITHOUT the ball in your hands.

So again, reduce CPU attributes instead of raising them for the user. I’d also recommend reducing Strength as well. -5 for the CPU in these categories seems to do the trick, at least in Modern Era gameplay. I’ve only played a couple games outside of the modern era, in the 2002 Kobe Era, and I did notice that even with my slider adjustments there were FAR more cutoffs and brick walls than you will get in the modern era, so there may be roster or other hard-coded issues in play that further boost CPU cutoffs in older eras (probably to simulate the more aggressive on-ball defense).
why bother playing hof then? legit question

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »