Home

NBA 2K25 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2024, 07:37 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K25 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Absolutely loving the day-1 gameplay. No defensive sliding, contextual animations everywhere, brand new dribbling, AI offensive tendencies are fantastic, AI fast break is actually dangerous, fouls galore, tipped rebounds, shooting fouls on jump shots (both CPU and User), man I can't remember the last time we had so few glaring issues to try and solve via sliders.

How to Get Better Ball Movement and Common-Sense Help Defense

As pointed out by alabamarob on the main 2K OS forums, Defensive Settings are once again working as intended. Feels like it has been forever since that was the case, and the importance of these settings cannot be overstated. If you want star players to force up slightly fewer shots and instead get their team more involved, while also getting more common-sense help defense rotations instead of elite shooters being left wide open time after time, it only takes a few settings tweaks at the start of each game to get there!

When a game starts, simply pause and go to Gameplan > Defensive Settings. Click R1/RB to cycle through the individual players.

- For any star player, set the "Hedge" and "Hedge (Center)" settings to Hard Hedge. This will make the hedge defender kick out to cover the lane and be in position to contest a jumpshot. Think of this as a "soft switch", where the hedge defender will return to cover the screener once the on-ball defender fights over/under the screen.

- For any elite 3pt shooter, set "Stay Attached" to Always. This will make it so the game does not send help off of this shooter to leave him wide open. I try to limit the "Stay Attached - Always" setting to two players on the court at one time so that there are still plenty of help options for the game to choose from, but feel free to experiment if you so choose.

- For any average/poor 3pt shooter, set "Stay Attached" to Never. This will force the game to send these defenders to help first, ensuring elite shooters stay well covered and poor shooters are the only wide open pass options.

IMPORTANT NOTE: 2K released a patch almost immediately after I posted my v0.1 sliders. This patch seems to have slightly improved movement and offensive tendencies, so for the time being I am going back to 50 game speed and also reverting the offensive tendencies to default (Take Inside/Close/Mid/3PT/Attack the Basket all set back to 50). Everything else should be fine as posted below.

2K Default Roster Slider Set v0.1 *ALPHA* - 9/5 Update

Spoiler

Current Unofficial Test Sliders - 9/11 Update

Spoiler

I've been hard at work since launch testing a whole host of tweaks that I think I'm close to being happy with. Expect updates to this post semi-regularly in the coming days.

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on. Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out. Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Check out this post by mvpstax to get a refresher on what exactly "realistic stats" should look like in the modern NBA: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Have a question about sliders or want to know how to fix an issue you have with the gameplay? Ask it here and I'll do what I can to help you out! I try to make my posts as informational as possible so that everyone has the knowledge needed to tweak the game to their own preference and skill level. Teach a man to fish, and all that

And as always, PLEASE feel free to give my thread 5 stars and LIKE this post if you enjoy my work. It shows others that these are quality sliders, and it makes me feel a little warm inside, too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-15-2024 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2024, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Glad to see you and running early! I'll give those tweaks a try.
Old 09-04-2024, 06:24 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Alright, already fixed shooting. "Shot Timing Impact" slider most likely doesn't work anymore and was left in the menu by mistake. The Shot Timing Profile feature completely replaces the functionality of this slider, it seems, which makes sense. Just had to increase mid-range and 3pt Shot Success sliders in order to start making Slightly Early/Slightly Late shots in situations that made sense. Even better, even when 3pt is set high enough to consistently make white shots on the Low Risk-Reward profile, you will still miss every shot that isn't greened when using the High Risk-Reward profile, and very rarely make white shots when using the Normal Risk-Reward profile. So people will be able to plug-and-play any slider set that utilizes the Low Risk-Reward timing profile and make it work to their liking simply by changing to a more strict timing profile if they prefer that "green or miss" type of gameplay.

Alright, moving on to other issues now. Thank god lol
Old 09-04-2024, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

I like what I'm seeing from the help defense here. Need to make the closeout just a little faster/more aggressive, but otherwise very good as a starting point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ExkH8vto0
Old 09-04-2024, 11:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do you think you could find sliders to make AI teammates viable scorers when player locking? i know you have always made good team sliders in the past so maybe you could figure out the magic to making the cpu hit open shots most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2024, 05:19 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I like what I'm seeing from the help defense here. Need to make the closeout just a little faster/more aggressive, but otherwise very good as a starting point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ExkH8vto0
The defensive logic here isn’t good imo. This should have been a straight switch off the screen (or Peel switch). On ball defender should not have tried to still defend his own man as he was so out of position. Even then the defender in the corner does not slide up to guard 1v2 after the first rotation or simply help on the next logical pass.
Old 09-05-2024, 05:32 AM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The defensive logic here isn’t good imo. This should have been a straight switch off the screen (or Peel switch). On ball defender should not have tried to still defend his own man as he was so out of position. Even then the defender in the corner does not slide up to guard 1v2 after the first rotation or simply help on the next logical pass.
The AI definitely ignores the existence of any switching concepts, which is crazy because most teams IRL are constantly switching and that's why modern rosters have SFs playing at PF across the league. I get not switching when it's a guard running the PnR with a center, but pretty much any other position should result in a switch.

The corner defender should slide up and does pretty regularly, just not in this specific situation for whatever reason. But again, these are early tests with small tweaks, so I'm just happy to see players switching and closing out

Man I'm loving the gameplay right now though. One of those "Return to Main Menu" updates just got pushed and I'm pretty sure they fixed the lack of subs as well as made the dribbling just a little bit quicker/less "stuck in the mud" feeling. Second part could just be placebo, but my current game has had 4 substitutions per team at the end of the first quarter and then start of the 2nd. Then when a player got in foul trouble, he was immediately subbed out (which wasn't happening before this update). Fingers crossed they fixed it

Also, my current tweaks have caused a TON of loose ball situations in just the first quarter alone. Steals that bobble around and lead to a scramble, numerous tipped passes doing the same, inaccurate passes causing turnovers. I might cry happy tears :O

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-05-2024 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2024, 07:56 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Eccentric can you post what your current sliders are set to so we can use them as well? I'd like to help you test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »