Home

Can someone explain the intangibles slider?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the intangibles slider? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2024, 10:25 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Can someone explain the intangibles slider?

I noticed when you increase the number rating of the intangibles it also increases their overall for the player. Can you tell me if it’s good to keep these numbers low or high to make the gameplay better? If there is a slider that always confused me, it was this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2024, 03:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Can someone explain the intangibles slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I noticed when you increase the number rating of the intangibles it also increases their overall for the player. Can you tell me if it’s good to keep these numbers low or high to make the gameplay better? If there is a slider that always confused me, it was this one.

It's mostly just a way to raise or lower overall ratings so you don't have to tinker with multiple individual ratings to raise or lower the overall score.

It has always been unclear to me if the adjustments to the intangible score (and overall rating changed because of it) make much of a gameplay impact.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:47 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
It's mostly just a way to raise or lower overall ratings so you don't have to tinker with multiple individual ratings to raise or lower the overall score.

It has always been unclear to me if the adjustments to the intangible score (and overall rating changed because of it) make much of a gameplay impact.

Thank you. I always thought 2K should have a help screen explaining the sliders in deep details. Especially new slider additions. Thx again

Old 04-17-2024, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Intangibles affects overalls & is the “clutch” attribute. Also affects non-stat related performance much like intangibles does in real life. The notion that it strictly affects player OVR is false false false. Very important rating for making certain players play better than what they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »