Home

AI Standing around

This is a discussion on AI Standing around within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2023, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI Standing around

How can the AI be prevented from standing around until the shot clock is nearly running out, it is a constant annoyance in CPU v CPU games and even when I'm controlling players and teammates just refuse to move around to get open. I do have 'Teammate cut to the basket' on Auto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2023, 08:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: AI Standing around

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateoftheFranchise
How can the AI be prevented from standing around until the shot clock is nearly running out, it is a constant annoyance in CPU v CPU games and even when I'm controlling players and teammates just refuse to move around to get open. I do have 'Teammate cut to the basket' on Auto.

I have that same issue for my roster. They just hold the ball and shoot a contested 3.

I wonder if it something in the run plays coach settings and/or each player percentage of staying with the play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2023, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Not a fix, but an explanation:

How the AI operates their offense depends on the coaching sliders for that specific team. Some teams have low "run plays" slider, like at 50, and others have a 90. The AI will generally attempt to run a play and half the time the play isn't going to work and then it will go back to freelance offense which is more basic with light movement like a cut or some players coming off short screens. The problem is that after the initial play failing, there is only maybe 5 or 10 seconds left on the shot clock, so it's going to be hard to get a solid shot regardless.

Plays, as well as the default freelances are very hit or miss because the defense can usually recover rapidly and has quick reaction time. So there can be a few too many last second contested attempts.

If you are controlling players and actually playing the game then the only thing you can do is make sure to call plays yourself / check your coaching settings to have offense to auto and set plays automatically. Remember there are certain areas you need to be on the floor for the play and offense to start -- if you move out of the circle zones -- it stops.

Last edited by m29a; 10-20-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2023, 02:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Up the offensive awareness by 10 or 15
Old 10-25-2023, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Not a fix, but an explanation:

How the AI operates their offense depends on the coaching sliders for that specific team. Some teams have low "run plays" slider, like at 50, and others have a 90. The AI will generally attempt to run a play and half the time the play isn't going to work and then it will go back to freelance offense which is more basic with light movement like a cut or some players coming off short screens. The problem is that after the initial play failing, there is only maybe 5 or 10 seconds left on the shot clock, so it's going to be hard to get a solid shot regardless.

Plays, as well as the default freelances are very hit or miss because the defense can usually recover rapidly and has quick reaction time. So there can be a few too many last second contested attempts.

If you are controlling players and actually playing the game then the only thing you can do is make sure to call plays yourself / check your coaching settings to have offense to auto and set plays automatically. Remember there are certain areas you need to be on the floor for the play and offense to start -- if you move out of the circle zones -- it stops.
I Hate how precise you need to be before they move on to the next action in the play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2023, 10:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

As well as upping Offensive Awareness, as mentioned above, you can also up the shot Tendency sliders. I had mine at 55 as a baseline from opening day in September; I started doing this a few years ago. I just upped the sliders to 57 and the action is better. If I recall, I think I went as high as 65 in 2K23, but I am usually cautious until I get a feel for slider adjustment. I'll look at the boxscore post-game and decide if I go to 60.

Basically, Offensive Awareness enables a player to find a scoring lane, and Tendency enables a player to find it faster. I once put Tendency at 100 to see what would happen; it was absurd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »