Home

Foul Sliders

This is a discussion on Foul Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Foul Sliders

Does anyone know for sure with the foul sliders . When you adjust them does it effect fouls called for or against you.

I seem to get to the line enough but CPU much less.

Should I adjust the fouls under user or CPU to get the CPU to the line more?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2023, 10:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Foul Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Does anyone know for sure with the foul sliders . When you adjust them does it effect fouls called for or against you.

I seem to get to the line enough but CPU much less.

Should I adjust the fouls under user or CPU to get the CPU to the line more
To increase the CPU getting to the line more often increase the Foul sliders for the CPU.

But the problem is the sliders don't have very much of an effect. To get the right amount of fouls and free throws you need to make numerous adjustments including roster edits for attributes and tendencies.

2K23 is much better that previous years, but still tough to get fully realistic fouls and free throws without a fair amount of work.

Most fouls shooting fouls occur around the rim, though you will get the occasional foul on a jump shot or 3 pointer.

These are the sliders I would increase for fouls other than the Foul sliders themselves. I'm also listing what I have in my slider set as a reference, though please don't take this as the only settings that work. There is so much interplay across sliders that one thing often impacts another. It's quite a tangled web.

For more contact and foul opportunities (in theory) -
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 75
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 85
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 65
Contest Shots - 65

Poorer defense and out of position resulting in late adjustments and fouls (again, in theory) -
Defensive Awareness – 10

For more reach-ins and possible non-shooting fouls -
Go for On-Ball Steals - 85

For Roster edits I suggest these changes.

Tendencies -
Increase Take Charge, Foul, Hard Foul, and Contest Shot

Attributes -
Increase Draw Foul

Others may have other suggestions too.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Also in the Coach settings I have also set each team to Protect the Paint and Play Physical for better spacing and more fouls.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:23 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
To increase the CPU getting to the line more often increase the Foul sliders for the CPU.

But the problem is the sliders don't have very much of an effect. To get the right amount of fouls and free throws you need to make numerous adjustments including roster edits for attributes and tendencies.

2K23 is much better that previous years, but still tough to get fully realistic fouls and free throws without a fair amount of work.

Most fouls shooting fouls occur around the rim, though you will get the occasional foul on a jump shot or 3 pointer.

These are the sliders I would increase for fouls other than the Foul sliders themselves. I'm also listing what I have in my slider set as a reference, though please don't take this as the only settings that work. There is so much interplay across sliders that one thing often impacts another. It's quite a tangled web.

For more contact and foul opportunities (in theory) -

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 75

Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 85

Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 65

Contest Shots - 65

Poorer defense and out of position resulting in late adjustments and fouls (again, in theory) -

Defensive Awareness – 10

For more reach-ins and possible non-shooting fouls -

Go for On-Ball Steals - 85

For Roster edits I suggest these changes.

Tendencies -

Increase Take Charge, Foul, Hard Foul, and Contest Shot

Attributes -

Increase Draw Foul

Others may have other suggestions too.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-22-2023, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Fouls are broken for me. I have both user and cpu sliders maxed out. I have very few shooting fouls on both sides. Reaching in fouls work I guess. But foul sliders overall has been broken for years. Can’t speak for online. I only play offline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2023, 09:19 AM   #6
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Fouls are broken for me. I have both user and cpu sliders maxed out. I have very few shooting fouls on both sides. Reaching in fouls work I guess. But foul sliders overall has been broken for years. Can’t speak for online. I only play offline.

Well for starters the information given in this thread is completely backwards. If you want the CPU to go to the line more then you raise the USER shooting foul slider. I agree that most foul sliders don’t really work especially the blocking and charging ones. With that said I haven’t had any problems at all getting shooting fouls. Both me and the CPU easily average over 20 per game.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:44 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Well for starters the information given in this thread is completely backwards. If you want the CPU to go to the line more then you raise the USER shooting foul slider. I agree that most foul sliders don’t really work especially the blocking and charging ones. With that said I haven’t had any problems at all getting shooting fouls. Both me and the CPU easily average over 20 per game.

My user fouls are maxed out too. I will get an occasional game with nearly 20 fouls. But rarely. I only play 8 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »