Home

Adapting sliders to the rosters used

This is a discussion on Adapting sliders to the rosters used within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-17-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Adapting sliders to the rosters used

Hey slider makers!

Just wanted to throw some advice and some insights on how I operate between sliders and rosters. I think it's important to keep in mind that an excellent roster cannot work to its full potential without a fitting slider set, and vice versa. It's pretty nice that some of you guys tailor your sets to specific rosters (thinking of ATD here) but I think the even better way of doing it would be to include in your sets that some of the slider values depend on your roster.

Let me clarify with an actual example. We got Roster A and Roster B.
- In Roster A, the starting value for what is considered a good 3pt rating (can score open shots) is 75, there is a wide distribution of players around that value and only a few around 85 and above.
- In Roster B, the starting value for a good 3pt rating is 65, but most "elite" shooters are actually above the 85 rating and a lot of them shooters actually reach the 90s, leading to a huge diversity in the actual ratings.

This variety in rosters used completely changes the gameplay experience, even with the same slider set. That's why sliders need to take these things into account and I encourage y'all to make these important ratings flexible to the roster you use (Example: 52 3pt success for Roster A and 54 for Roster B). This doesn't have to go as much in depth but just let the person using the slider set know how he can adjust the values depending on the roster he uses.

Just having an idea of what the median rating is in a given roster can help you making these small adjustments and improve your gameplay experience tenfold.

I hope this'll be useful to some. Keep up the good work, I appreciate y'all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Adapting sliders to the rosters used

Hi @26Belhanda - that a great point. Rosters and their specific edits or differences can indeed make a huge difference to the gameplay experienced.

For my sliders I don't note the specific roster or highlight slider differences for roster differences. However, I do have a section on the first page that highlights the roster edits I recommend and use.

My assumption is that the use of my sliders also involves some investigation of the recommended roster edits. Otherwise the gameplay experience will be different than expected.

There is also the issue of even just basic gameplay experience, style, and skill of the user that needs to be taken into account. This is why I also explain my playstyle and basic approach to gameplay that informs my slider choices.

Someone who plays differently than I do would need to make adjustments to my slider recommendations to account for their style or skill differences.

Playbook choices, specific play selections, freelance sets used, eras, used, etc. all make the gameplay and results different for each user.

This is why part of my explanation in some replies is that the sliders sets here are a starting point for anyone, and not the answer in totality. The best approach is usually to try a few slider sets and find concepts that work your play style and skill and that provide the gameplay and results that you are looking for. Then tweak and adjust to accommodate where something is off.

Then hope that 2K does not patch something and dork it all up so you have to start over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »