Home

Which sliders to change to increase fast breaks?

This is a discussion on Which sliders to change to increase fast breaks? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2022, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Which sliders to change to increase fast breaks?

I know I sound like a broken radio with wanting fast breaks to be a viable source of points in 2K23, but I loved the 7 seconds Suns.

What would be good slider modifications to make fast breaks at least a little bit more viable? I know sliders can't fix defenders getting a speed boost down the court or stealing players suddenly losing all momentum, but anything would help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which sliders to change to increase fast breaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
I know I sound like a broken radio with wanting fast breaks to be a viable source of points in 2K23, but I loved the 7 seconds Suns.

What would be good slider modifications to make fast breaks at least a little bit more viable? I know sliders can't fix defenders getting a speed boost down the court or stealing players suddenly losing all momentum, but anything would help.
Increasing Game Speed to at least 56 (I use 60) helps a lot. Also increasing acceleration (I use 60), and movement Sliders (Taken from Shady Mike Gaming). I really wanted there to be a difference between slower players and faster players.

Speed W/Ball Max: 75
Speed W/Ball Min: 45

Acceleration W/Ball: 75
Acceleration W/Ball: 45

Speed W/O Ball: 69
Speed W/O Ball: 34

Acceleration W/O Ball: 69
Acceleration W/O Ball: 34
Old 11-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

What about CPU defensive awareness? Does it affect fast break awareness?
Old 10-01-2023, 03:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Which sliders to change to increase fast breaks?

i noticed increasing speed allows fast players to strive on the fast break (granted if the cpu doesn't run back). i've only experimented with user speed and it's so pleasing to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9Z...nel=H4RDKnight
Old 10-01-2023, 08:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Now if we could only find a way to improve one on one defender blow bys. The cpu defense basically mirrors the ball handler no matter who the defender and the offensive player is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2023, 11:32 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Now if we could only find a way to improve one on one defender blow bys. The cpu defense basically mirrors the ball handler no matter who the defender and the offensive player is.

Body Up Sensitivity. Set it to 25 or lower, with lower values causing more blow-bys.

Also decrease the CPU Accel/Speed/Strength sliders based on whatever difficulty level you play at. I’m using Superstar difficulty and set the CPU 5 ticks lower for each of the three sliders. On mobile now but I’ll link the post depicting how different attributes used to be boosted at different difficulty levels. Not a guarantee these variances are still the exact same, but there is a decent chance they are IMO.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Body Up Sensitivity. Set it to 25 or lower, with lower values causing more blow-bys.

Also decrease the CPU Accel/Speed/Strength sliders based on whatever difficulty level you play at. I’m using Superstar difficulty and set the CPU 5 ticks lower for each of the three sliders. On mobile now but I’ll link the post depicting how different attributes used to be boosted at different difficulty levels. Not a guarantee these variances are still the exact same, but there is a decent chance they are IMO.
Will have to try this. I decreased body up Sensitivity down to 10 and I still don't see many blow by's, even with fast point guards vs slow big men.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:26 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Will have to try this. I decreased body up Sensitivity down to 10 and I still don't see many blow by's, even with fast point guards vs slow big men.
Yea, try dropping the CPU Speed/Accel/Strength attributes by about 5 and you should see a massive difference. Especially with Body Up Sensitivity at 10. In my current testing, even at 25 it can be too easy to shake a defender and attack the paint. At 10, the defenders were basically turnstyles (except for the likes of Kawhi, of course).

If all else fails, feel free to drop Lateral Quickness as well. It doesn't affect side-to-side movement like in years past, but it is almost certainly still used in the "blow-by equation" when there's contact on the perimeter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »