Home

How to get cpu to play with more pace

This is a discussion on How to get cpu to play with more pace within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Just doing a couple cpu vs cpu games testing sliders on cpu side. Far too many times the cpu runs out the shot clock to 5 seconds before taking a shot. This has always been an issue with 2k, not as bad this year however.

What can I do to get cpu to play with a lot more pace?? I checked coach sliders and I don't see anything about pace of play. I thought there was something there in the past, but been years since I played 2k.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2022, 07:41 AM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Increase their Offensive Awareness and tendency sliders. Especially Attack the Basket. The higher their shooting tendencies, the less picky they get about shooting. Set them too high, though, and they’ll just start chucking up ugly contested shots. And with Attack the Basket set high, they won’t just stand around and let the shot clock run down, they’ll look to get to the basket whenever they can.

Gotta find the right balance. It’s definitely a pain
Old 09-20-2022, 07:47 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How to get cpu to play with more pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Increase their Offensive Awareness and tendency sliders. Especially Attack the Basket. The higher their shooting tendencies, the less picky they get about shooting. Set them too high, though, and they’ll just start chucking up ugly contested shots. And with Attack the Basket set high, they won’t just stand around and let the shot clock run down, they’ll look to get to the basket whenever they can.

Gotta find the right balance. It’s definitely a pain
Yeah no doubt it is a pain lol. I'm currently testing 80s era but that shouldn't matter for this.

I set both teams to score in transition as gameplan under offensive settings for 2nd half. Definitely helping quite a bit. I already have offensive awareness at 75. Would having defensive awareness at 75 counter that where it's null and void? Attack basket is 65.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-20-2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:30 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah no doubt it is a pain lol. I'm currently testing 80s era but that shouldn't matter for this.

I set both teams to score in transition as gameplan under offensive settings for 2nd half. Definitely helping quite a bit. I already have offensive awareness at 75. Would having defensive awareness at 75 counter that where it's null and void? Attack basket is 65.

Not really “counter”, as offensive awareness helps make the player with the ball more aware of open teammates he should pass to, or slight openings for a shot opportunity they might not react to fast enough at lower settings, things like that. So really offensive awareness counters defensive awareness, not the other way around.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm wondering the same thing. I like to play 8 min quarters but the cpu plays too slow and I'm not getting enough stats. Changing the Offensive Tempo to Shoot at Will doesn't seem to do much. I'm going to try lowering the Run Plays Frequency in Coach Gamelans to see if it helps them not slow it down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #6
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompetty
I'm wondering the same thing. I like to play 8 min quarters but the cpu plays too slow and I'm not getting enough stats. Changing the Offensive Tempo to Shoot at Will doesn't seem to do much. I'm going to try lowering the Run Plays Frequency in Coach Gamelans to see if it helps them not slow it down

I found that upping their offensive awareness, as well as upping their attack the basket tendency makes them play with more pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »