Home

Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT% within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-15-2023, 03:09 PM   #409
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
The Bulls ended up with Schrempf the following draft as well. They won 1 championship in 1990. See below for more details why it wasn't more.

Jordan stayed with the Kings the entirety of his career. He ended up retiring a King. Ended up in the Hall of Fame because of his stats, but was never the GOAT.

Once my Cavs hit the 93-94 season they won 5 straight titles and 6 of 7 (94, 95, 96, 97, 98, and 2000) with a core of David Robinson, Rod Strickland, Penny Hardaway, and Lionel Simmons. That made it hard for any of the hall of famers to have huge impacts on the league.

The GOAT in my universe ended up being David Robinson. He was the Jordan of the 90s.

I did only use single team control so there were some questionable moves by the CPU GMs. Sometime this summer, I am going to do another sim this time controlling every team from the start of 1983 (or the start of when they come into the league with their expansion draft.) Not going to keep things historical so whoever has the first pick in 84 will get Jordan.

I focused on the Cavs only so they ended up with 13 titles between 1983 and 2022. Curious to see how it plays out differently a second time through.

Seattle is staying in Seattle this time around.
Adding to this: Before when I did this, starting in 2020, the real draft classes from 2k were entirely randomized and fake. I will probably start there with fictional draft classes until the league is full of fictional talent (around 2040.)

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 06-15-2023, 05:36 PM   #410
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Swords “Average Joe” NBA2K23 Pro Level “Era Mode” Sliders Real FG%/FT%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
The Bulls ended up with Schrempf the following draft as well. They won 1 championship in 1990. See below for more details why it wasn't more.

Jordan stayed with the Kings the entirety of his career. He ended up retiring a King. Ended up in the Hall of Fame because of his stats, but was never the GOAT.

Once my Cavs hit the 93-94 season they won 5 straight titles and 6 of 7 (94, 95, 96, 97, 98, and 2000) with a core of David Robinson, Rod Strickland, Penny Hardaway, and Lionel Simmons. That made it hard for any of the hall of famers to have huge impacts on the league.

The GOAT in my universe ended up being David Robinson. He was the Jordan of the 90s.

I did only use single team control so there were some questionable moves by the CPU GMs. Sometime this summer, I am going to do another sim this time controlling every team from the start of 1983 (or the start of when they come into the league with their expansion draft.) Not going to keep things historical so whoever has the first pick in 84 will get Jordan.

I focused on the Cavs only so they ended up with 13 titles between 1983 and 2022. Curious to see how it plays out differently a second time through.

Seattle is staying in Seattle this time around.

For this Lakers franchise we are also employing only single team control. Whatever happens…happens.

Magic Johnson was my first “hero” watching the NBA. His personality was infectious and he could play pretty good hoops if I may say.

So having Magic, Worthy and Scott and to a lesser degree Wilkes (he is 27) and Kareem (33) as my core we should be battling with Boston for years.

Can’t wait to see how it all plays out season over season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-15-2023, 07:23 PM   #411
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey armor, I just got the NBA2K for free and I am so glad they did this with the classic rosters…for me I can’t stand the modern game, I am not a Lebrun or Curry fan…I grew up in the 80’s with Bird and Magic, Dr. J and Sir Charles…

When I came over and found how you are loving this game and everything for it…I got really excited, it remind me of the all the years on the Show sliders…how excited we all were to get the sliders just right..

Thank you from creating all this for us old school players…

I am on game 3 now if the Bulls franchise, I played the Pro and I had a close game against the 76ers but blew out the Bucks by 40…the only issue I had was they scored only 44 points…should I try the HOF setting and see what happens…then since I haven’t played NBA2K in forever can I adjust game by game or do I need a sample size like baseball…..thanks for helping…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2023, 09:55 PM   #412
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfire2001
Hey armor, I just got the NBA2K for free and I am so glad they did this with the classic rosters…for me I can’t stand the modern game, I am not a Lebrun or Curry fan…I grew up in the 80’s with Bird and Magic, Dr. J and Sir Charles…

When I came over and found how you are loving this game and everything for it…I got really excited, it remind me of the all the years on the Show sliders…how excited we all were to get the sliders just right..

Thank you from creating all this for us old school players…

I am on game 3 now if the Bulls franchise, I played the Pro and I had a close game against the 76ers but blew out the Bucks by 40…the only issue I had was they scored only 44 points…should I try the HOF setting and see what happens…then since I haven’t played NBA2K in forever can I adjust game by game or do I need a sample size like baseball…..thanks for helping…

I think you will love the HOF Set and I am having a really good update coming this weekend!!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2023, 12:58 AM   #413
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
For this Lakers franchise we are also employing only single team control. Whatever happens…happens.

Magic Johnson was my first “hero” watching the NBA. His personality was infectious and he could play pretty good hoops if I may say.

So having Magic, Worthy and Scott and to a lesser degree Wilkes (he is 27) and Kareem (33) as my core we should be battling with Boston for years.

Can’t wait to see how it all plays out season over season.

Wilkes is 27 and Kareem is 33? Are you playing with a roster for an earlier season? Just curious since they are three years older in Clutch’s roster, and I think you said earlier in the thread that that’s what you were using.

Leaning towards Jordan and Kobe era’s for a franchise myself. Maybe the Ewing Knicks, and try to get them over the hump for that elusive title or two, and keep Ewing a career Knick.

A lot of interesting picks in the Kobe era I think. Keep the Sonics in Seattle and build around Ray Allen’s elite shooting. Rewrite Yao Ming’s career in Houston to what it could’ve been, a 7’5 franchise player could be fun. Rewrite history and keep the original Hornets in Charlotte, so the Bobcats and then MJ Hornets never have to exist.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:34 AM   #414
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Wilkes is 27 and Kareem is 33? Are you playing with a roster for an earlier season? Just curious since they are three years older in Clutch’s roster, and I think you said earlier in the thread that that’s what you were using.

Leaning towards Jordan and Kobe era’s for a franchise myself. Maybe the Ewing Knicks, and try to get them over the hump for that elusive title or two, and keep Ewing a career Knick.

A lot of interesting picks in the Kobe era I think. Keep the Sonics in Seattle and build around Ray Allen’s elite shooting. Rewrite Yao Ming’s career in Houston to what it could’ve been, a 7’5 franchise player could be fun. Rewrite history and keep the original Hornets in Charlotte, so the Bobcats and then MJ Hornets never have to exist.

I need to check again…..but using MJ’s Era Rosters now as well as his completed classic teams.

Edit - my bad Kareem is 36 and Wilkes is 30

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2023, 02:21 PM   #415
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

On second thought, I think Yao Ming just breaks the game. Had to quit out of an Era’s PlayNow game after one quarter, it was so easy to dominate with him that it wasn’t even fun. Didn’t face an elite C, but if that’s what it takes for it to not be like playing on rookie, it wouldn’t be a great franchise experience.

Can’t recommend a Kobe Era Rockets franchise, or that you acquire him at any point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2023, 08:25 PM   #416
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Just lost to Denver on the road 112-108 1983/84 Lakers Year 1. That was our first loss. We are now 4-1 and finally have a home game vs Dallas after 5 straight on the road to start the season.

Played beautifully!!!

HOF V2 coming tomorrow!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-16-2023 at 08:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »