Home

RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-11-2023, 07:33 PM   #129
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeShea
I’m on PS4. How can I find yours?
Unfortunately on anything other than PC you would need to enter them manually in the game. Once you have, you can share/upload them for others to use.

I'm not aware if anyone has uploaded them for PS4 yet. Try a search for RES2, but even if they have been loaded earlier, I have changed so much recently you would likely end up updating a lot of entries.

Cross-platform shared data is not a thing yet unfortunately.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:58 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

Res what is your game speed?
Old 02-12-2023, 07:03 AM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2

Note - this slider set is designed and tested for for Current Gen.

This set is influenced by ideas from other great slider sets that I recommend checking out.

That said, it is important to note that Current Gen definitely playing a little different than Next Gen based on the slider ideas in the Next Gen sets. I have seen it reported that Da Czar has confirmed the Next Gen AI is different that Current gen so slider concepts that work in one may not work in the other.

So while I continue to monitor the Next Gen slider threads, Current Gen sliders will need to be different.

My usual caveats - I do not use the shot stick or aiming system. I'm a button shooter using Real Player %. Your style may require adjustments. I play Season Mode with a completely custom team (Seattle Skyhawks - see the images above).

I recommend making certain roster attribute, tendency, and badge changes as some issues can only be addressed through roster updates. More on that below.

Remember that everyone's playstyle, preferences, and skill is different so your experience may vary.

User vs CPU Sliders
Here are the sliders. These are early draft sliders that I will be updating as I test, get feedback, and adjust for 2K patch impacts.

Spoiler

Roster Edits for Attributes, Tendencies, and Badges

There are aspects of gameplay that can only be adjusted by making key roster edits. I recommend these changes.

Spoiler

MyLeague Settings

Here are the MyLeague setting I am using. For now I seem to be getting pretty good Sim stats, but you probably need to make the roster tendency edits noted below also.

Spoiler

Coaching Adjustments

Set the Help Defense slider to more than 70. I have every team set to 75 and like the help defense I'm seeing.

I have also set each team to Protect the Paint and Play Physical for better spacing and more fouls.

Reminders

Everyone's expectations, style, and skills are different. Use these and other sliders as ideas to try out and adjust to fit what works for you. Make suggestions and test things out. Post your findings and results for others to benefit. Be kind. Have fun.

Thanks again - as always!
Is is possible to change coaching settings in game regarding protect the paint and physical as I can't change for other coaches in myleauge outside. In game I can switch sides and change for other team but I can't gond it where if it is possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2023, 11:48 AM   #132
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip00
Is is possible to change coaching settings in game regarding protect the paint and physical as I can't change for other coaches in myleauge outside. In game I can switch sides and change for other team but I can't gond it where if it is possible
You can only change the other team in game by switching sides. Here is how you do it in the settings outside of a game.

In MyLeague settings outside of a game, you need to change the settings for what teams you control. Go to Options, then select MyLeague Automation and set each team to User Controlled = Yes. Then go to Coaching, and select Coach Gameplan to set the various couch settings for each team. Once you are done, go back to Options, MyLeague Automation to set each team (other than the team you are using) to User Controlled = No.

Also I set ACE to Off for Offense and Defense as I don't want the CPU changing settings during the game.

That should do the trick.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:56 AM   #133
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega63
Res what is your game speed?
I'm currently using 56. You can see all my basic gameplay settings under the Sliders section on the first page (Click the show/hide Spoiler button).

SETTINGS
Game Difficulty: Start All Star, Superstar, or HOF (I'm now starting on Superstar, then edit)
Game Speed: 56 (suggest 55 to 60)
Camera: Broadcast, Nosebleed, or Skybox

CONTROLLER SETTINGS
Shot Timing: Real Player %
Free Throw Timing: Real Player %
Defensive Assist with Intense-D: 10 (suggest 0-25)
Box Assist Strength: 50
Old 02-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #134
Pro

Good game vs. Philly. It was a game of big runs. I started hot and went up by about 8 early in the first quarter, but Philly went on a 16-4 run and ended the quarter up by 4. They kept the lead for most of the 2nd quarter then I went on a run to lead by 10 at the half.

In the 2nd half I stretched the lead to more than 20 but Embiid and Harden lead a run for Philly to cut the lead to single digits early in the 4th quarter. Embiid fouled out with 7 minutes in the game which helped me hold on. My big man also fouled out with about 3 minutes left in the game, but by then we had it in hand.

Turnovers (17) were trouble for Philly that I took advantage of, scoring 24 points off their miscues.

Not a great shooting game, but a physical and defensive game.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:15 PM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Hi Dek55 - welcome to the game.

You can absolutely use these for play now games. In fact I suggest playing some play now games to get a feel for how they play for you. Everyone's skills, experience, and style is different. Playbooks, use of freelance, camera used, and lots of other things can make the game play differently. So try a slider set or two, then tweak things that feel right and generate the sort of games and stats you are looking for.

Then 2K will drop a patch and mess you up so you adjust again LOL!

Also your brain will get used to some settings making what was hard earlier, easier now. So sometimes you need to adjust a little anyway.

I hope you have fun. Shout out if you have questions.
Thank you.

Right now playing with your slider set. However, I'm playing with only 5 minute quarter length and with no other changes to attributes, tendencies and badges you made (just sliders). Really don't have time and patience for more.

Like the gameplay but currently, I'm losing evey game. Oposing side is shooting 55-65 percent from field, I am getting between 40 and 45.

What is your guess, is this because I am still in learning process and this slider set is for more skilled and experienced gamers?
Or because I haven't adjusted other stuff (badges, attributes, tendencies, coaching)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2023, 05:12 PM   #136
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek55
Like the gameplay but currently, I'm losing evey game. Oposing side is shooting 55-65 percent from field, I am getting between 40 and 45.

What is your guess, is this because I am still in learning process and this slider set is for more skilled and experienced gamers?
Or because I haven't adjusted other stuff (badges, attributes, tendencies, coaching)?
Hey dek - hang in there. As with many games, there is a learning curve with 2K, so keep at it.

Most likely it's a few things. Best guess it's a combo of just still learning, plus some thing's you have not done yet or figured out like finding the freelance set that works for you, adjusting your playbook to plays you know well and that fit your team, stuff like that.

What I'd suggest are these changes to get you going -

Adjust the CPU Shooting sliders down to match the Human sliders. The change both the CPU Off and Def consistency to 50 (from the current setting of 65). See how that plays.

Watch your stats and see what else seems off or out of line and we can tweak other stuff if needed.

Far and away my favorite Freelance set is Flow. You will have off ball screens set for players on the perimeter creating movement and open jumpers or possible lanes to drive. I like this set because it triggers so quickly compared to some other sets. Set Flow to the Freelance 1 spot during a game and it will stay there for future games (set once and done).

I find having a Freelance set that you like and learn makes the game so much easier to play.

See if these couple things help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »