Home

Dreece and Sapp Present: The NBA2K22 Fictional Draft Class Thread (Xbox Series X/S)

This is a discussion on Dreece and Sapp Present: The NBA2K22 Fictional Draft Class Thread (Xbox Series X/S) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Dreece and Sapp Present: The NBA2K22 Fictional Draft Class Thread (Xbox Series X/S)

Can’t enjoy MyLeague without some good classes right? Most of you guys that know us know what to expect from the project but for those of you that don’t, I’m going to once again post some information from a previous thread (with some adjusted responses). If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. My only request is that there are no questions regarding when the classes will drop. Me and Dreece are currently working on our fictional league in addition to the classes so we have a lot on our plate but I promise it will be worth the wait. Check out the responses below to commonly asked questions to get some insight on what to expect.

What are the basics that I can expect from the classes?
You can expect that most (if not all) players will receive attention before the class is released. Often times, people release classes where just the top 50 (or even less) are edited and allow the CPU to randomly generate the rest. For some people, that is ok and I respect that but our classes are intended to provide unique players all the way across the board whether it’s a top rated prospect or a 64 rated player with one of the sickest verticals you have ever seen.

Speaking of unique players, it is important to note that we feel that we specialize in that area. In the NBA, every center isn’t a bruiser that camps out in the paint and every point guard isn’t a masterful ball handler that runs the team like Chris Paul. We make sure to stay true to that concept and provide you with a wide range of different play styles and body types. You may see a 5’10 lightning fast point guard that can slice through the lane with ease or a 6’6 turnover prone point guard that can pull up off the dribble with the best of them. You may find a 7’0 280 pound center that can wear down any defender or a 6’11 235 pound center that can drain it from behind the arc. Variety is the spice of life and you can get that here.

What’s the range of overall and potential with these classes?
This is one of the questions that I get every year and some people agree with how we do it and some people don’t. In regards to overall ratings this year, I would say that things have changed slightly. We used to be pretty stingy with the overalls but in order to work these players in to our fictional league (and the default roster) properly, we had to make some adjustments. On the high end, you’ll see the top of the draft usually in the mid to upper 70s overall range. Every few years you may get a guy that comes out the gate and is just ready to set the world on fire with an 80 or slightly higher overall. On the low end, we used to go as low as 55 overall but the bottom of the draft usually doesn’t ever go lower than a 60 overall.

Will we get Newsfeeds and Advanced Scouting Reports this year?
Ehhh, I’m not really sure about “ADVANCED” scouting reports but there will definitely be something to bring the classes to life. Those 100 page scouting reports I used to do were easy when I only had one job and had no kids but now… just not realistic lol. Honestly though I was ready to move on to something different. I want to figure out a way to still bring the guys to life and make the prospects come to life without tying myself down to something that used to take me a week and a half to two weeks to finish. I’ll figure something out though.

Will there be multiple versions of each class this year?
No but that’s because 2k actually did something right with the whole “Boom” and “Bust” thing. Depending on the boom/bust number you give a prospect, you can get different results for how a player turns out. This is actually a very good thing because it takes the extra work off of our plate to ensure you have a unique experience. Trust me when I say we are carefully assigning these ratings to players to increase the likelihood that you draft a bust (we enjoy ruining your team’s future by convincing you to draft a bust).
Anyway, with all of that being said, just know that me and Dreece are working extra hard and will be keeping you posted on how we are doing. We are bit of a way out from releasing anything at this point but soon I will drop some info on the first class players so you have something to look forward to.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 08:05 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Dreece and Sapp Present: The NBA2K22 Fictional Draft Class Thread (Xbox Series X/

Im on the Xbox one S til i can get a system. But will u guys be putting this on for us thats still on current gen or how can we get the best of theses classes and rosters..Its been a minute since you guys got dwn and u guys have been missed. Thank u for giving us life and replay value in every way..
Old 09-13-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dreece and Sapp Present: The NBA2K22 Fictional Draft Class Thread (Xbox Series X/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Im on the Xbox one S til i can get a system. But will u guys be putting this on for us thats still on current gen or how can we get the best of theses classes and rosters..Its been a minute since you guys got dwn and u guys have been missed. Thank u for giving us life and replay value in every way..
You got plenty time bro. This is definitely a one shot deal for next gen. We barely gonna have time to do this project the justice it deserves as Sapp has stated earlier. We missed you guys too trust me, we are very excited to be back under the hood. Me and Sapp will be in further discussion on what we'll be doing to keep the threads jumping during the process.

Stay tuned.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Will it take you guys longer since you can't use the global editor for tendencies, badges ect
Old 09-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #5
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Will it take you guys longer since you can't use the global editor for tendencies, badges ect
No not at all. I mean we use the global editor, but most of my work is done in the main edit player screen. I do animations and player models also.

And before it even gets started lol. There is no ETA. Me and Sapp have a great plan to get a plethora of classes out we just gotta set up. Appreciate you checking in brother.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 03:36 AM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Hm... Might have to just cut my losses and add a Series X next to my PS5. ATD with the Dreece/Sapp draft classes sounds too good to be true!!
Old 09-15-2021, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
You got plenty time bro. This is definitely a one shot deal for next gen. We barely gonna have time to do this project the justice it deserves as Sapp has stated earlier. We missed you guys too trust me, we are very excited to be back under the hood. Me and Sapp will be in further discussion on what we'll be doing to keep the threads jumping during the process.

Stay tuned.
Sounds like a plan..See u guys at the finish line..
Old 10-24-2021, 10:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Hm... Might have to just cut my losses and add a Series X next to my PS5. ATD with the Dreece/Sapp draft classes sounds too good to be true!!
I have a PS5 also. In 2017 I ran into a scouting report for SimWorld's draft classes. I was reading them for a couple of hours and was salivating over getting my hands on them. After all that time I realized they were for XBOX One. I had a PS4 at the time and was 4yrs deep into a MyLeague (before MyNBA obviously), I went out and bought an XBOX one and another copy of 2K17 just to use their classes. Then I download "The League" roster and had a great time with the game.

All of that basically to say, these guys are about to make me buy an XBox yet again...

Sent from my SM-G781U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »