Home

(PS4) JazzMan's 2k17 Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on (PS4) JazzMan's 2k17 Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
(PS4) JazzMan's 2k17 Fictional Draft Classes

Another year of 2k means another year of my draft classes on PS4.

The Goal:

My goal here is to provide Playstation 4 with balanced, unique, realistic, and fictional draft classes for NBA 2k17. I want each class to have busts and gems. I want some classes to have future superstars at the top (Davis, LeBron, KAT). I want others to have big-time busts at the top of the draft (Anthony Bennett, Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison).

I want some classes to have a lot of depth, I want some to be a three, two, maybe even one player draft. I want to see some guys become All-Stars even though they were pushed out of the lottery by less polished players with high potential. And I do believe I have found a way to replicate all of this in my classes.

You're going to have to scout the players. Some guys that you scout may look like they could be the next big thing at their position, but end up not reaching their potential anyway and being labeled a bust.

My entire method is based around potential and peak age start/end. Some prospects that have a high potential will not reach it. Others will be able to reach their peak potential and sustain it for a number of years, while others may flash their potential for a year or two and then drop off the face of the planet due to injuries (Greg Oden, Brandon Roy) or they just don't have the stuff (Michael Beasley, Johnny Flynn, etc.).

So, this means that guys aren't going to pan out. Some guys will. It's all about risk vs reward. In order to get a superstar, you may have to take a chance in the draft on a high potential pick and hope he reaches it.

For the element of surprise, do not look at a prospect's Peak Age Start/End, and do not look at their Potential in numeric form.

Ideally, 45 or 50 prospects is what I'd like to reach before I release my classes. I'm at 21 currently for my first class, so I'm just about halfway there.

About Me:

I've been making fictional classes since NBA 2k12. I have a fair amount of knowing what I'm doing. However...

I am 21 years old, I work two jobs and I've got my own rent and bills to pay. I won't be able to work on these classes night and day, as much as I'd like to. I won't be able to make these classes 100% perfect, where all of the ratings and tendencies are exactly where they should be for every prospect. Just know that I am one man working on rather large projects and classes. However, as always, constructive criticism and feedback is always welcome.

TL;DR:

These classes will have balance, busts, and gems. Players will be unique, and lots will be high risk, high reward prospects, just like the real NBA.

Thanks guys! Hoping to finish my first class sometime next week.

Draft Classes:

Class #1
File Name: OS JazzMan's Fictional #1
PSN: JazzMan_OS

Class #2
File Name: JazzMan's Fictional #2 (ICMPLT)
PSN: JazzMan_OS
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 06-04-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: (PS4) JazzMan's 2k17 Fictional Draft Classes

Ill use ur draft classes and add you to my psn friends list if you don't mind

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #3
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Sweet! Looks like there's gonna be a few good class makers this year for ps4
Old 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I sent you a friend request

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Used your classes in the past and liked them very much. Looking forward to seeing what you produce this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Your fictional draft classes are terrific. I always use them in MyLeague and routinely wait for your classes to drop before I start up my main saves. Plus you're one of the only guys that typically makes classes for PS4 so I greatly appreciate that. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 10-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Sweet! Looks like there's gonna be a few good class makers this year for ps4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Used your classes in the past and liked them very much. Looking forward to seeing what you produce this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
Your fictional draft classes are terrific. I always use them in MyLeague and routinely wait for your classes to drop before I start up my main saves. Plus you're one of the only guys that typically makes classes for PS4 so I greatly appreciate that. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks fellas, nice to see some familiar faces here. I really think these classes will be my best yet, now that I know how to manipulate the peak start and end to control potential (didn't figure that out until my 3rd class last cycle).

It'll be a fun year of my classes, hopefully I get the opportunity to make plenty this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-03-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Definitely can't wait to get a hold of your classes again this year man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »