Home

Sliders/tendencies for big men

This is a discussion on Sliders/tendencies for big men within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Question Sliders/tendencies for big men

Anyone got any help on getting Shaq to 'cooperate' in the post?

His ratings are pretty botched through all his appearances in the game and he seems to never really operate in the low post and get physical - instead he seems content to take bizarre fadeaway and mid range shots which as we all know, were NEVER the go to moves for the big man.

Anyone got any pointers on getting Shaq to start banging down low? I've scaled his mid range to zero and raised up his post play tendencies but he still doesn't seem to want to go to work down there, even with touches and shot both at 99..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

613Trojanman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders/tendencies for big men

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Anyone got any help on getting Shaq to 'cooperate' in the post?

His ratings are pretty botched through all his appearances in the game and he seems to never really operate in the low post and get physical - instead he seems content to take bizarre fadeaway and mid range shots which as we all know, were NEVER the go to moves for the big man.

Anyone got any pointers on getting Shaq to start banging down low? I've scaled his mid range to zero and raised up his post play tendencies but he still doesn't seem to want to go to work down there, even with touches and shot both at 99..........

Try using Sonicmage's tendencies/attributes

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...h-ratings.html

He has shared his roster spreadsheet with accurate ratings/tendencies, he has current and classic players going back to 1949 or something like that. I think this will help you find what you're looking for.

It's not quite finished but what he does have changes the game for the better.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613Trojanman
Try using Sonicmage's tendencies/attributes

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...h-ratings.html

He has shared his roster spreadsheet with accurate ratings/tendencies, he has current and classic players going back to 1949 or something like that. I think this will help you find what you're looking for.

It's not quite finished but what he does have changes the game for the better.
Thanks man.

I did input his tendencies for Shaq, but Oneal still continues to take forced shots from 10 feet instead of banging down low.

Using Sonicmage's tendencies seems to have everyone else bang on the money, but I'm having real problems with Shaq. Perhaps I should double check his attributes, as I've been focusing on trying to make the change via the tendencies, maybe the issue lies elsewhere.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

613Trojanman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Thanks man.

I did input his tendencies for Shaq, but Oneal still continues to take forced shots from 10 feet instead of banging down low.

Using Sonicmage's tendencies seems to have everyone else bang on the money, but I'm having real problems with Shaq. Perhaps I should double check his attributes, as I've been focusing on trying to make the change via the tendencies, maybe the issue lies elsewhere.
Which year Shaq are you using?
Old 11-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613Trojanman
Which year Shaq are you using?
Last night in particular, was 98 Shaq.

But I've noticed this for the 01 version too.

Both I have set between 90 - 99 touches and 90 -99 shot, zeroed out the fadeaway and mid range tendencies yet somehow he continues to take 10 footers.

I might zero out his 'close shot' tendency and see change that makes.

This is the first year I've dived into tendencies/ratings so I'm a bit of a rookie with this!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Shaq from the 2000 season and earlier are going to be a little messed up in my tendencies. Its easily fixable though, just reduce his midrange all the way down to 0 and increase close shot up by the same amount. All the rest of his tendencies should be fine.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Shaq from the 2000 season and earlier are going to be a little messed up in my tendencies. Its easily fixable though, just reduce his midrange all the way down to 0 and increase close shot up by the same amount. All the rest of his tendencies should be fine.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot tonight!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 33

A few more things to consider:

Look within the plays of the playbook, if the post plays aint close to the basket, change them for ones that can end more easily with him closer to the rim. Check his playtypes and adjust accordingly.

Also, check your global sliders, if they are too high on close and mids that may be altering his tendencies and be more notable than others due to the way he plays (close to the basket).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »